Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Got home tonight and turned on my TV and was greeted by WFSB interactive screen.

I then looked at the other ATSC 3 channels and found NBC is now also interactive as well.

Going to play around with for a bit but if you are in the area give it a shot.

Also in playing I am now seeing MeTV toons on 35.8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got home tonight and turned on my TV and was greeted by WFSB interactive screen.

I then looked at the other ATSC 3 channels and found NBC is now also interactive as well.

Cool wishing they would get around to switching to atsc 3.0 here.

Our local CW affiliate has a place holder for metv toons.It's on 18.9,yes 9 sub channels for crying out loud.

Reactions: comfortably_numb

12 days early but channels have done that before.

I would think most folks who own smart tv’s would have them hooked up to the internet.

The biggest issue I have with these apps is if you watch any of the videos a commercial plays first and the volume of that commercial is way higher then the show that follows it.

I do like WVIT’s app a little better as it lets you restart from the beginning the show you are currently watching. That is some cool use of the technology.

Reactions: N5XZS
Be careful what you wish for.

Very careful.
Yea I know the drm plans.Not a fan of it.The main reason I want to see ATSC 3.0 here is the hope of better signals,and better picture quality.But make no mistake,powers that be are trying to make a mess of things as usual.

Reactions: FTA4PA
Do you have to have an ATSC 3.0 compatible TV to take advantage of these interactive features? Or will 3rd party boxes, like Zapperbox and ADTH box work with the interactive features?

Do you have to have an ATSC 3.0 compatible TV to take advantage of these interactive features? Or will 3rd party boxes, like Zapperbox and ADTH box work with the interactive features?
You must have a ATSC 3.0 DRM capable tv or box.So far the only 3 boxes I know of certified to do that is the Zapperbox,ADTH,and Zinwell.The ADTH is the cheaper of the 3,but I didn't like it at all.The zapperbox is very nice so far.

You must have a ATSC 3.0 DRM capable tv or box.So far the only 3 boxes I know of certified to do that is the Zapperbox,ADTH,and Zinwell.The ADTH is the cheaper of the 3,but I didn't like it at all.The zapperbox is very nice so far.
I have the Zapperbox and I really like it. But I haven't seen any interactive features yet, and it just might be that they aren't in testing yet in Chicago.

It is pricey, but the price is worth it. The picture is incredible, the interface is very fast and snappy. The one issue I have with it is the amount of time it takes to tune to an ATSC 3.0 channel - around 5-7 seconds. I can't tell if it is the DRM protection that causes it or not. The ATSC 1.0 channels change in a very similar time to my TV. But the ATSC 3.0 channels take a long time to load.

Reactions: Teehar
It is pricey, but the price is worth it. The picture is incredible, the interface is very fast and snappy. The one issue I have with it is the amount of time it takes to tune to an ATSC 3.0 channel - around 5-7 seconds. I can't tell if it is the DRM protection that causes it or not. The ATSC 1.0 channels change in a very similar time to my TV. But the ATSC 3.0 channels take a long time to load.

There's an easy way to test this. Not all the 3.0 streams are encrypted. WGN, for example, is not. If WGN takes as long as the others, then it's not encryption related.

But 3.0 is known to take a long time to tune. Nature of the beast.

- Trip

ATSC 3.0 testing groups

Is KCMN 42 off Air?