Please reply by conversation.

bobvick

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2006
Northwest Alabama
I have several old issues of Satellite TV Week, Orbit, Onsat, and Satellite TV PreVue from the mid 80's through the mid 90's. I have scanned (I used a scanning app on my iPhone for simplicity) some of the old adverisments and the satellite chart from a 1988 issue of Orbit, and plan to do a few more. I was wondering if any of you here would like for me to post some of them in the forum here for you all to look at to see how TVRO was back in "the good ole days" or bad ole days in the case of the VCII :) If you are interested, I will post what I have and work on doing a few of the others a little bit at a time.

I would LOVE to see these! Unfortunately, I threw all my Satellite TV Week guides in the trash when I moved away from my parents and have been regretting it ever since.

Good, I will try and post the ones I have when I get home from work.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Thanks for posting. Got any old VHS tapes sitting around with 80's sat stuff we can encode?

Here are scans from the April 1990, August 1990 and August 1989 Satellite TV Week.

Attachments

• Satellite TV Week 1989-1990 (1).pdf
    4.2 MB · Views: 2,131
More from Satellite TV Week '89 and '90.

Attachments

• Satellite TV Week 1989-1990 (2).pdf
    4.7 MB · Views: 1,450
Reactions: Titanium
It would be cool to see at 6 month intervals the sat arc from the mid 1980's to 1990.

With the new Mexican sat naming scheme, it got me wondering that if we did that in other parts of the arc, what their names would be and my slot history pretty much only goes back to 1990 so there may have been a sat or two in many slots before the sats I know of were there.

It would be cool to see at 6 month intervals the sat arc from the mid 1980's to 1990.

With the new Mexican sat naming scheme, it got me wondering that if we did that in other parts of the arc, what their names would be and my slot history pretty much only goes back to 1990 so there may have been a sat or two in many slots before the sats I know of were there.

Not sure what you mean by the "new" Mexican naming scheme. To my knowledge they are still SatMex. In the mid 80's they were Morelos 1 and 2, then in the early to mid 90's those were replaced with Solidaridad 1 and 2, and in the late 90s early 00s the SatMex birds began launching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have an old TRX2200 in my closet. Probably not worth anything these days.

It would be cool if anyone had tapes from the old C-SAT, Chuck Dawson, Keith LaMonica days of satellite radio. I have a few and those are a hoot to listen to from 25 years ago!. Just seeing those old SatTv Week magazines are neat. Back in the day a good analog signal gave spectacular video and audio from the Chaparrel (? spelling) Monterrey receiver of mine. I remember watching Sunday night football on ESPN via the VCII subscription and it looked fantastic. Could go on for hours talking about the good old days of satellite tv.

It would be cool to have a forum for stories from the past.. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)