Interested in Dish (622), Lots of Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ahzroe

Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
I have been a long time Direct Tv user and I am considering a change to Dish for HDTV purposes. I can get the 101 satellite from Direct TV, but not the other two (where the HDTV is being fed from) because of low tree line issues. What I do know is I would like the 622 hooked up to my Infocus IN76 projector that is on the way. Also, I would like to have a standard definition DVR connected to 3 televisions in another part of my home. I am interested in the "Gold HD" with locals. I am not 100% sure I am calculating the proper satellites for my needs. I live close to Bristol-Tri City (36° 29' N 82° 24' W). I assume I need satellite 61.5 (147.5 azimuth 42.9 angle) and satellite 119 (232 azimuth 32.9 angle). Is there another satellite I will need (if so, what are the coordinates for my location?)? So if I can get these birds, will I need two separate satellites? What kind of costs am I looking at (lease/buy options)? One last question, am I correct in Dish is the leader in HDTV programing?

Thank you so much for your help!!

Hi,

Welcome to the forum. You might need some assistance regarding satellites in your area, so you have come to the right place.

Currently the Bistol/Tri-City area locals are on 105. Which would mean a superdish to reaceive programming for 105/110/119. Then you would need a dish pointed at either 61.5 or 129 to receive the additional HD channels.

The rub lies here. Echostar recently launced E*10. It is currently moving into position at 110. They are eliminating the SUperdish in certain markets. I do not know if yours is one. Hopefully someone in your area can help out here. As I'm on the other coast.

Here is the link where current programming is located.

http://ekb.dbstalk.com/dishlist.htm

Scott

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)