Interesting article on ticket brokers

Scalping is illegal in some states. I know it is in KY and WV, but legal in OH.

It used to be illegal in Pa, but they just enacted a new law last week regarding scalping. You can now sell tickets online for whatever price you want. However it is illegal to sell them in person in the state of Pa for anymore then 25% over face value.

I would never scalp my tickets anyway. Notre Dame will take away your right to enter the ticket lottery if you get caught and they do monitor Ebay and some of the Broker sites. Most Alum that I know will only sell to other Alumni or do what the University wants which is return them to the ticket office for a refund. In fact I get together with many other alum and we will apply for tickets for all that want to whatever game. ND is up at the top because they have sold out every home game since 1966. Obviously some are taking the chance and selling their tickets, not worth it to me. I have been to some big games, most recently the UCLA vs ND in 2006 and the USC game in 2005

The way they get around the scalping in most places is they sell a "package" including anything and everything. Of course the game tickets would be thrown in for free.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)