Pacman Jones Joins TNA

cybok0

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Oct 23, 2006
Sha Ka Ree.
FRANKLIN, Tenn. — Adam "Pacman" Jones has a new day job — for the moment, anyway.

Jones has signed a contract with Total Non-stop Action (TNA) Wrestling. Terms and length of Jones' TNA contract were not disclosed.

He will make his first TNA appearance Thursday (Spike TV, 9 p.m. ET/PT). His first match will be no later than Sept. 9 in Orlando.

Wrestling is, "something to do, to keep me out of the streets while I have my little off-time from my real job, and, I'm a big fan of wrestling, so I wanted to give it a try," said Jones, 23, of the Tennessee Titans, who is suspended for the 2007 NFL season for off-the-field personal conduct matters.

Jones admits he was "a little surprised" and "a little bitter" about his suspension, but says he's over the anger and has accepted his punishment.

Pacman Jones set for wrestling debut - USATODAY.com

Is he really this dumb?

Titans prevent Pacman from wrestling

The Tennessee Titans got a court order Friday that prohibits suspended cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones from participating in wrestling.

Officials from the Titans and TNA are scheduled to meet Friday night to discuss the Jones situation, FOXSports.com has learned. Jones was scheduled to make his debut with Total Nonstop Action Wrestling on Sunday in a pay-per-view event titled "Hard Justice."

Citing its contract with Jones, the team said it asked a Tennessee court to intervene in order "to protect our rights in this instance."

"All NFL players have language in their contracts that prohibit them from engaging in activities 'which may involve a significant risk of personal injury,"' said a statement from team spokesman Robbie Bohren. "We certainly believe wrestling to be hazardous, and it is obvious from the player's conduct that he is ignoring this aspect of his agreements with the club."

Chancery Court Judge Robert E. Lee Davies agreed, saying Jones should be prohibited from "participating in any activities that 'may involve the risk of serious personal injury."'

"Mr. Jones is hereby restrained from providing any 'wrestling' or 'performing services' to TNA ... including but not limited to the TNA "Hard Justice" pay-per-view event ... for as long as this restraining order is in effect," Davies ruled.

The injunction strictly bars Jones from participating in any TNA event, as a "wrestler, spectator, announcer, participant or otherwise ... "

FOX Sports on MSN - NFL - Titans prevent Pacman from wrestling

At least the Titans have some common sense.:rolleyes:

Interesting article on ticket brokers

EPL, Celtic, Bundas Lega, etc..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts