Ex-Florida coach Urban Meyer joins ESPN as analyst

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Do you think he is coming into this gig doing this half-assed??!! These guys have major egos.... Regardless of how much they look like nice guys. He wants to do well....and he will work hard to make sure he is not known as just another pretty face.

And if you don't think Marino works hours as a analyst.... Lol! Like I said...you are more thanks welcome to think that. ;-)

"hours" sure.. But 20hours a day like you said? not even close. Heck there "work" would be the same thing they would do any way. Watch football. Other then that a few interviews here or there and a couple hours of work on saturday, thats it. Again he will want to do well, but it has nothing to do with him "working hard". If you do not believe he will have people doing the work for him then you really are clueless.

"hours" sure.. But 20hours a day like you said? not even close. Heck there "work" would be the same thing they would do any way. Watch football. Other then that a few interviews here or there and a couple hours of work on saturday, thats it. Again he will want to do well, but it has nothing to do with him "working hard". If you do not believe he will have people doing the work for him then you really are clueless.

PLEASE find where I said Myer would be putting in 20 hour days? PLEASE.... IF you believe his ego will let some flunky will do all the work for him....well, I will leave it at that because I know you have worked in media before.:rolleyes:

PLEASE find where I said Myer would be putting in 20 hour days? PLEASE.... IF you believe his ego will let some flunky will do all the work for him....well, I will leave it at that because I know you have worked in media before.:rolleyes:

I misread you were talking about coaches when you said 20 hours. But even so you made a claim or 8-10 hour days 7 days a week for your buddy which very well is true. But Meyer will not be doing anything close to that. You do not have to work in the media to know that. And yes some flunky will do the work for him. Even guys wtih the biggest egos in the world like big time political talking heads, usually have the flunkies doing the research.

And really what research does Meyer need anyway? He will find out what game he is doing and then find out a little about the teams? He already will be watching football so he will know whats going on around the league. With or without the job. Thats not work to him. He does not need to know these teams inside and out, he needs to know the few stars and there records and upcoming schedules. And all that information will be handed to him on a silver platter.

He is there for his knowledge as a coach. Not of each team. He already knows everything he needs to know.

IF you really think its going to be anything more then 2-3 days a week TOPS and only one real day of anything then you are way off. Meyer is going to be doing ONE game a week and possible special events (ala signing day) thats it. He is not going to be the anchor, he is the filler guy. The anchor will ask simple questions for him to answer.

Hey, easy there on you "Some Flunky guy" comments ...
IF he WAS a Flunky guy, he would Hardly have a job researching stats and whatnot .... :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts