Interesting call from Dish Network

jerryez

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Pensacola,FL
I just received a call from Dish Network. They wanted to come out and realign my 61.5 dish over to 129 to put me on WA at no cost to me. My locals are on both. BUT, when he tried to enter the appointment for tomorrow something(which he would not identify) popped up on his screen, like a warning. He said that they would call me back in a couple of weeks, but he could not make the appointment at this time. I ask him, if it had anything to do with my Absolute Programming Packiage and he admitted that it did. I told him for me to give up my Absolute that they would have to pry the remote from my dead cold hands. He would only reinterate that someone would be contacting me at a later date.

I don't believe at all that they won't do this service call because you have HD Absolute. It's probably a system shortcoming that won't allow it, i.e. it might force you out of that package. When they resolve this "at a later date", they can then do the service call.

We already have threads that say people have lost there Absolute Package because of the scheduling of service calls, so why haven't they fixed their system before now. They have had plenty of time to fix their system before calling me.

Fixing this issue isn't a high priority (?). The fact that their system flagged your account for this type of service call is unrelated to you having HD Absolute.

Fixing this issue isn't a high priority (?). The fact that their system flagged your account for this type of service call is unrelated to you having HD Absolute.

Yep, I have HD absolute and recently had a service visit for a drifting LNB problem. Still have HD absolute.

There is a simple solution to keep E* (and the possibility of losing Absolute) out of this. Realign the dish yourself to 129 if you are capable.

I could do it, but as far as I am concerned, its' Dish's problem. They moved the channels to a different satelite.

i would like to realign my dish myself from 61.5 to 129. can anyone tell my the steps involved to do just that.

thanks

larry

i would like to realign my dish myself from 61.5 to 129. can anyone tell my the steps involved to do just that.

thanks

larry

Go to options 6,1,1 Put in your zip code and set your elevation on dish (scale is on side of dish) to what it says. Choose transponder 32 and rotate dish to the west until you get a lock. Have a second person wacthing signal meter on display. Peak as necessary. Then run check switch.
Should only take five minutes.

I just got the call from Dish again. This time when she couldn't make an appointment, I insisted that she tell me why. She said that because I have the Absolute package, I was not elgible for the free upgrade. I told her that I was missing channels that are in my Absolute package and she said the system would not let her schedule the appointment. I am sending an email to the CEO today.

I just got the call from Dish again. This time when she couldn't make an appointment, I insisted that she tell me why. She said that because I have the Absolute package, I was not elgible for the free upgrade. I told her that I was missing channels that are in my Absolute package and she said the system would not let her schedule the appointment. I am sending an email to the CEO today.

You've been missing the channels for a long time. Time to get off the lazyboy and set up the ladder.:D

I just received a call from Dish Network. They wanted to come out and realign my 61.5 dish over to 129 to put me on WA at no cost to me. My locals are on both. BUT, when he tried to enter the appointment for tomorrow something(which he would not identify) popped up on his screen, like a warning. He said that they would call me back in a couple of weeks, but he could not make the appointment at this time. I ask him, if it had anything to do with my Absolute Programming Packiage and he admitted that it did. I told him for me to give up my Absolute that they would have to pry the remote from my dead cold hands. He would only reinterate that someone would be contacting me at a later date.
One would lose their grandfathered package because THEY need to switch YOU to different birds in order for you to receive the same channels you are paying for?

Go to options 6,1,1 Put in your zip code and set your elevation on dish (scale is on side of dish) to what it says. Choose transponder 32 and rotate dish to the west until you get a lock. Have a second person wacthing signal meter on display. Peak as necessary. Then run check switch.
Should only take five minutes.

Thanks for the info. i think i can do it. one question. do i need to worry about the skew or lnbf rotation. it is a single lnbf on a Dish 500.

Thanks for the info. i think i can do it. one question. do i need to worry about the skew or lnbf rotation. it is a single lnbf on a Dish 500.

I think you mean Dish 300. Correct? Because a dish 500 is a dual feed. But, to answer your question. No, you don't need to adjust the skew on a single LNB dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts