Interesting call from Dish Network

If you use a Dish 500 with a single lnb on 129, what should the skew be set at? Geosat Finder says to set the skew at 48.6 for zip 32504. Is this correct or not? Which side would you put the lnb in, facing dish. Right or left?

If you use a Dish 500 with a single lnb on 129, what should the skew be set at? Geosat Finder says to set the skew at 48.6 for zip 32504. Is this correct or not? Which side would you put the lnb in, facing dish. Right or left?

If Lnb is in the 119° slot, set skew to the 48.6° and set the elevation around 32° and rotate the dish over to 129 and see what pops up. Is there a yoke (2 lnb 110° and 119° holder)on it? On second thought you may want to remove the yoke completly then do it. How did you end up with a dish 500 for a single sat in the first place? Rain fade?

Last edited:
One would lose their grandfathered package because THEY need to switch YOU to different birds in order for you to receive the same channels you are paying for?
It sounds like there's a technical (software) issue on Dish's internal system that can't handle this. At this point, he does NOT have to switch. It sounds like he may in the future though. His locals are currently on (2) satellites.

Executive Office called yesterday. Technician will be out tomorrow to realign my dish from 61.5 to 129. He wanted to change my dish to a 1000.4, but I prefer the two dishes-less rain fade. He promised that I will still have the HD Absolute package when they are through. We shall see.

I would hope so since Dish initiated the call.

Yeah, but only after I sent an email to the ceo@dishnetwork office. They called me twice and would NOT realign my dish because I had the Absolute package, until I went thru the CEO route.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts