Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jhon69

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2006
Central San Joaquin Valley,CA.
Have a D10-300 Caller ID works but only displays the name?Other than that the
receiver plays good,software is 100A.Has anyone experienced this? solutions?
Thanks.:confused:

Last edited:
Have a D10-300 Caller ID works but only displays the name?Other than that the
receiver plays good,software is 100A.Has anyone experienced this? solutions?
Thanks.:confused:

In some areas you must pay (the phone company) more to get the name and number. Are you?

In some areas you must pay (the phone company) more to get the name and number. Are you?

raoul,
Usually it the other way around, you pay extra for the Name to be included.

OP, you could do a few things, call the phone company and have them re-set your service, you know how electronics work. :rolleyes:

also, make sure that you do not have tooooo many phones plugged in.
Like 10 or something like that .

Jimbo

raoul,
Usually it the other way around, you pay extra for the Name to be included.

OP, you could do a few things, call the phone company and have them re-set your service, you know how electronics work. :rolleyes:

also, make sure that you do not have tooooo many phones plugged in.
Like 10 or something like that .

Jimbo

Yea had a D11-500 before and it worked.Didn't think about the reset service thing.Have 4 phones thought it might be a REN problem.Then thought it might be the cold weather or a bad jack in the receiver.The ID in the phones work though it's still a good idea.Thanks Jimbo!.:hatsoff:

UpDate:Contacted AT&T talked with repair service.He called me back both name&number appeared.I also had reported the problem to DirecTV Tech 2 days ago.So for now it seems my problem is solved I also know it's possible for DirecTV Tech to make some "adjustments" without a software upgrade.It just depends what it is.It's also possible AT&T adjusted something too.Well the main resolution is it works!:D

Last edited:
Jhon69,
The number of phones you have should be fine, 4 is not many, I've seen people with about 10 or more and they wonder why some of thier phones dont ring correctly, or not at all.

The ID in the phones work though it's still a good idea.
??????
If the name worked all along in the actual phones but not on the reciever, I would have headed in a different direction.

However , you said it's all working now, so thats good :)

Jimbo

Jhon69,
The number of phones you have should be fine, 4 is not many, I've seen people with about 10 or more and they wonder why some of thier phones dont ring correctly, or not at all.

The ID in the phones work though it's still a good idea.
??????
If the name worked all along in the actual phones but not on the reciever, I would have headed in a different direction.

However , you said it's all working now, so thats good :)

Jimbo

That was it the Caller ID worked on the phones the phones displayed both name and number.While on the D10-300 only got the name no number.Still don't know if it is totally fixed when repair service called the name&number was displayed but
have not got another call yet to see if the name&number will be displayed with other received calls.I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will work now.Thanks for
the reset service suggestion.Think that might have been it or the combination of that and DirecTV Tech "adjustments".:hatsoff:

Last edited:
That was it the Caller ID worked on the phones the phones displayed both name and number.While on the D10-300 only got the name no number.Still don't know if it is totally fixed when repair service called the name&number was displayed but
have not got another call yet to see if the name&number will be displayed with other received calls.I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will work now.Thanks for
the reset service suggestion.Think that might have been it or the combination of that and DirecTV Tech "adjustments".:hatsoff:

I had a D10-200 and D10-300 that only showed the name and no number. Once I forced the update on the D10-200, it displayed name and number. I'm pretty sure it is a software glitch with the D10 receivers. If it still isnt working, try forcing the update to 0X1040 and that should fix it.

I had a D10-200 and D10-300 that only showed the name and no number. Once I forced the update on the D10-200, it displayed name and number. I'm pretty sure it is a software glitch with the D10 receivers. If it still isnt working, try forcing the update to 0X1040 and that should fix it.

That's what I thought would happen on my ex-D11-500.Did a Forced Update on it and ended up calling DirecTV for a replacement.That's when I received the D10-300.I do believe it is a software problem because it went back to displaying the name only.But the rest of the functions on the receiver work good so I plan to let DirecTV update it when the update is ready.I have been told several times by DirecTV Tech to not do Forced Updates!and after the D11 problem I believe them.It's no big deal to keep my cordless phone close by to see who's calling.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)