Interesting channel on 97W you might have missed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

northgeorgia

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 14, 2011
North GA
I have to get a better guide (or maybe someone will find the program schedule like they did for Kuwait TV2)... but here is the news I'd like to share:

Saudi Sports 1, despite its label, is now Saudi 2. Just like Kuwait TV2, it appears to have lots of English programming. I caught "Garfield" cartoons around midnight a few days ago. As I'm not home often during the day and don't watch a lot of TV at night these days, maybe a few more eyes on the channel can give us a better idea of programming :)

Enjoy!

Thanks for the heads up,
Let´s see if there´s a guide out there. As for KTV 2, I think the only kind of guide we found was the guy tweeting what the nightly movie was.

Thanks, just found it. An English language medical program is on now. Benefits of laughter therapy in patients. They are interviewing the real Patch Adams now. I will add this to my Favorites.

Looking at your comments and the guide, I have the impression that guide is not very accurate.
I´ll check the channel later and see what´s on.

As for KTV2, I think last time I saw it, it was showing Criminal Minds again. ?? or CSI, now I´m not sure, right before or after the movie.

Just checked the saudi channel and there´s a religious program on.
If Garfield is on at midnight I guess the adult shows will be on the daytime.

Reactions: northgeorgia
I am watching the channel right now. It is English, and appears to be a religious program (The Life of Mohammad). I also see a news ticker in English at the bottom of screen. Also, that channel guide looked off to me.

97W
TP 12152/H/20000

I was watching this Saudi 2, it´s about 1 AM Eastern there was Barney the purple dino and now some cartoons.
I think it´s about 7 AM in Saudi and Kuwait

KTV2 also had some cartoons and now a kid show.

I guess that´s the downside with these channels running on the Middle East time zone schedule.
I think KTV2 used to run on Eastern (North American) time zone some time ago, they had a clock on the top screen on Eastern time.

Yep, at 1 PM It´s a Miracle with Roma Downey is on.
BTW interesting story about a pet kangaroo who called for help when his owner suffered an accident while working in the outback.

Sports Disasters airing while posting this (started before 4pm Eastern). Then Empowered Women.

Last edited:
Nice fined. Been watching it, just a few non-english audio shows but otherwise not bad. Glad I have a dedicated dish on 97 since I only have DVB-S receivers for now.

At 3 PM (East) Cinema Magazine was on the Saudi channel, in English hosted by a Saudi girl.
KTV2 had a movie, sorry I don´t remember the name

I took these just before 7PM CST. Today!

Saudi2Signal_1_zps4bf65867.jpg

Saudi2channel_1_zps42369b89.jpg

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)