Interesting day with D* customer retention

Status
Please reply by conversation.

VIPERS-PIT

Pub Member
Original poster
Feb 11, 2006
I spent the last 4 hrs on the phone with D* customer retention and long story short, ended up with 1 free mouth of total service. $130+ in free programing for their screw up and horrible customer service. I was ready to sell all my receivers and switch to comcast, that was all they needed to hear. I was told I could get some free programing to compensate, I said "OK one month free service will do". She thought for a min and said "OK".

So I will stay with D* for now.

What the heck was so wrong that you had to spend 4 hours on the phone with them? Maybe I missed a thread?

For something that long, I would have gotten some upgraded equipment also.

I was set for the movers connection, and changed my CC 2 months ago.They did not update the CC and billed the dead account. Did not notify me till the mail today after I get a nasty call from collections demanding last month plus this months money (before I even got the bill). I told her no way and that I was going to check my account with the bank and D* online and would call back. They immediately turned off my service (bitch). I was on the phone with CSR after CSR till we got to customer Retention. Then back to collections to pay last months bill, then back to Retention to get this month free- taxes. No bill at all this month. As for the hearts (I was/am a 5 heart), I could care less, I told them I would cancel with them the next time I have any trouble with any part of the service. And that I will not be using ANY phone lines at my new address. Retention said that would be fine. I explained that I now have the choice to dump them for digital cable so they changed their tune. This is D*s last chance to keep me as a customer. I checked my credit and D* does not show up on my report so I can dump them at anytime and sell off the equipment.

Let me get this straight. You were totally unhappy until they offered you something free. If they screwed up my account so badly and I was that angry, I would have pulled the plug right then and there and it wouldn't have taken me four hours on the phone to do it.

I am still totally unhappy. But the key is comcast cant give me digital cable at my camper 90 min from the house. I have 3 D* recievers at the camper fulltime. And sat is the only choice out there.

PS I posted the info as INFORMATION for people on the site. Not so people could get pissy with me for my choice to stay with D*.

Last edited:
hancox said:
wave bye-bye to any hearts you had :D

Dumb question of the day: what are 'hearts', and what impact do they have on customer status?

Hearts are are simply a fast way for the CSRs to tell how well you pay your bill on time. It reflects nothing else.

VIPERS-PIT said:
Hearts are are simply a fast way for the CSRs to tell how well you pay your bill on time. It reflects nothing else.

Ummm. no! I am always behind, always! Have 5, continues to have 5, because I spend a bundle on all the channels and sports packages.

By the way, in your first part of the thread, you threatend to leave D* because you could get digital cable, now you say D* is the only choice.

VIPERS-PIT said:
I am still totally unhappy. But the key is comcast cant give me digital cable at my camper 90 min from the house. I have 3 D* recievers at the camper fulltime. And sat is the only choice out there.

PS I posted the info as INFORMATION for people on the site. Not so people could get pissy with me for my choice to stay with D*.

Viper if your going to post here at this site you better get used to people being not so nice

p.s. thanks for the INFO

chewy said:
Viper if your going to post here at this site you better get used to people being not so nice

p.s. thanks for the INFO

Funny that the people in the pit are more kind!

D* is my only choice till I move this week. Already ordered comcast cable internet. And D* turned on my pittsburgh locals in SD and HD before the move. I am 40 min outside the pitt DMA and they come in perfect!!!!

SO glad to be out of Youngstown DMA!!!

FlyingJ said:
Ummm. no! I am always behind, always! Have 5, continues to have 5, because I spend a bundle on all the channels and sports packages.

By the way, in your first part of the thread, you threatend to leave D* because you could get digital cable, now you say D* is the only choice.

A senior CSR told me it was based 100% on payment on time. But I have a $150+ montly bill. Maybe the combo is why I am 5 heart.

Sorry, didn't mean to come off sounding "pissy". Now that you explained your reasons, I understand where you're coming from. It just annoys me that there seems to be so many people around who are always complaining to just get a freebie and as soon as they get something for free DirecTV, DISH, cable or whoever is the greatest company around, at least until the next time they want something for free. Obviously, you're not one of them. However, I do stand on my statement that any company that kept me on the phone for four hours will lose my business. It's as simple as that. Anyway, good luck.

shhh hearts top secret, let me see Im willing to guess that you moved maybe gave d your new cc number not newaddress as d can only set up these kind of thigs with a thiry day limit, (when you did not get your bill did you not wonder why you did not get a bill. when the power company bill doesn't show up you would call them right?) and expected them to be psychic about the whole deal, iM guessing the reason that you are boohooing about the fact that you didn't get a bill till much later means you left a forwarding address at the post office but never called d to change squat even though you say you updated your cc, if you have services mirrored at your camper 90 minutes away with locals and have one account you may be breaking the law. so count yer blessings and quit bitching about stuff your pride won't let you admit, and I bet your warm and pleasant nature really encouraged csrs at d to really give a crap,
heard it before its peeps like this that increase everyones bill

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts