Interesting dilemma... programming survey

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

nhulst

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Dec 20, 2007
The Patient Channel on AMC 3 has been running ads lately for a contest they are using to get feedback on their programming. You are supposed to watch at least one hour of programming and then call their toll-free number to be surveyed about their programming and be entered in a contest drawing. Would any FTA'ers dare participate in this? It seems like a bad idea to me. Surely one of the questions would be, "what hospital were you in when you saw our programming?" Um, I wasn't in any hospital....

Anyway, I have no intention of calling them but just wanted to hear others' thoughts on the matter.

Why would it be a bad thing? It is public knowledge that they are broadcast on FTA satellite. They know it, we know it. Just tell them that we LOVE it! I think it would only serve to promote FTA channels.

They might take a step back and say "WOW! We really have an audience out there! This is great! We are reaching people!"

Just my opinion.

RADAR

It seems like a bad idea to me. Surely one of the questions would be, "what hospital were you in when you saw our programming?" Um, I wasn't in any hospital....
agreed

Since there faq states

The Patient Channel is an in-hospital TV channel delivered directly to patient rooms and waiting areas, providing viewers with original, award-winning programs. The channel features various health topics representing important wellness and recovery information in an accessible and empowering way. Programming includes doctors, patients and healthcare institutions from all over the country, covering a wide range of medical conditions for viewers.

If they admit they have any non-hospital viewers, it may cause problems with licensing of shows they televise.
I don't know... just saying...

Personally, I would -hope- they'd like to know others were tuned in.
But wouldn't make any assumptions.
And so I'd have to go with the conservative position of saying: if they don't know, they won't scramble.

I would be careful, it is owned by General Electric. The bigger the company, the more unpredictable. They dumped their plastics and appliance businesses because they were not glamorous like GE finance and NBC. They got into wind by buying the technology from Enron at 5 cents on the dollar. I think Jeffrey Imelt and Jeffry Skilling were class mates.

And so I'd have to go with the conservative position of saying: if they don't know, they won't scramble.

This is my view also. If they don't know about FTA or Lyngsat, no reason to bring it to their attention. Don't poke badgers with spoons :D

or lets scramble it and make hospitals buy a new 400 buck receiver...that'll show them ;)

Ouch!

There goes my insurance rates! They'd get it out of us somehow!

Yes, maybe it would be wise not to answer the poll! Either that, or lie...

I told the witch doctor i was in love with you
and then the witch doctor told me what to do
he said

"ooo eee ooo aaa aaa ting tang walla walla bing bang"

i told the witch doctor you didn't love me true i told the witch doctor you
didn't love me nice and then the witch doctor he gave my this advice
he said

"ooo eee ooo aaa aaa ting tang walla walla bing bang"

That's were I saw the Patient Channel! In his office! :)

RADAR

I recently waited for the step-daughter and her mother for an hour and a half in a doctor's office waiting room that had the Patient channel on the TV. Not that that's the channel I kept it on though.
;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)