97 W, yes..but what else is out there?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ralphLauren

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 6, 2009
NY
Hi guys,

I have 97W and have been watching the couple of FTA channels on it for some time now.
I know of only about 4 few interesting English channels on it...Al-jazeera, Press TV, Abu-Dabi Sports,
and NTA Plus. Are there any other nice English speaking non-religious channels on that satellite ?
On another note, besides 97W, are there other satellites out there that have some good english speaking FTA channels ?
I have 30-inch motorized, and I don't mind "aiming" birds, so long as its free :)

Thanks.. But I was referring to English Speaking non-faith-based channels. Any opinions will be appreciated. Thanks again.

Thanks a bunch.. Looks like there' s not too much out there. Definitely not much outside of Galaxy 18 and Galaxy 19 (which I currently have).

Nah! :) I watched quite a bit of "Get Smart" when it was on 123W, but haven't bothered with it on 83W . During the day, I mostly have news feeds in the background, and later in the day, searching for baseball !
:)

Hi guys,

I have 97W and have been watching the couple of FTA channels on it for some time now.
I know of only about 4 few interesting English channels on it...Al-jazeera, Press TV, Abu-Dabi Sports,
and NTA Plus. Are there any other nice English speaking non-religious channels on that satellite ?
On another note, besides 97W, are there other satellites out there that have some good english speaking FTA channels ?
I have 30-inch motorized, and I don't mind "aiming" birds, so long as its free :)

Do you like country music? Try 97W (the same sat you have been on) and look for a channel on TP 11991 V SR 22.000. Might have scanned in as TEST 243.

Beyond that, since you have a motor, you can dial into all sorts of sats easily. There are even freebies on some of the pay provider sats that are nice to view (not just the info stuff).

30.0W is a hot satellite, but it is a lot like 97W and a lot of repeat channels. 72, 74, 83, 97, 101, 103, 123, 125 and 129 are my mainstays. And of course NASA on 119W Ku.

I would say with a really good LOS for the entire horizon, you could come up with about 50 (?) really good English channels, and up to 300+ (?) total FTA channels off Ku band. I am just guessing, I haven't actually counted them all. Am I fairly close guys?

RADAR

thanks radar..i like country music..i'll have to take a look at that satellite...also what's typically on the NASA channel ? i thought it was basically some boring satellite images. How about the Pentagon channel? Is it the same thing?

thanks radar..i like country music..i'll have to take a look at that satellite...also what's typically on the NASA channel ? i thought it was basically some boring satellite images. How about the Pentagon channel? Is it the same thing?

NASA TV has a mix of stuff.
Check out their website:
www.[B]nasa[/B].gov/ntv

Sometimes it's satellite imagery, sometimes educational clips, sometimes live feeds. Of course, there is a shuttle mission on right now, so we got to watch the live take-off, with camera angles, etc... and you can watch the space walks right now.

I haven't seen the Pentagon channel yet. Gotta get my motor hooked up. :)

Cubavision:

Look for some discussion of Hispasat @ 30° west.
You're east coast, so you should see it without problem. - :rolleyes:
You will like what you find.

First run or new-to-DVD American movies in English, just with Spanish subtitles.
. . . or so I hear . . . Can't get that bird myself . . . :(
Just something ya hear about by reading through the forum . . .

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts