Interesting ending to the Lakers/Spurs game

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
If anyone saw the ending to the Lakers/Spurs game, it appears that this would be the rallying cry for all those conspiracy theorists that claim the NBA wants the Lakers or Celtics in the Finals.

Well, here's what I have to say:

1. The Spurs didn't exactly play that well all game. They looked bad for stretches and were very fortunate to even have a crack to win the game.

2. If a Spur player w/three-point range was going to try and sell the foul, they could have sent in Parker or Ginobili.

3. After what happened last year with Amare, Horry and the suspensions, karma FINALLY got to the Spurs.

If Barry would have gone through Fisher instead of trying to go around him he might have got the call. If a foul was called as the play happened, it would have been a 2 shot foul as Barry wasn't shooting yet. But back up to the play before which should have been the Laker's ball with a fresh 24 shot clock, not 2 seconds left. Sooo there are missed calls on both ends. I don't think the Spurs could really complain if you look at the calls over the whole game.

Ken

I have seen worse fouls than that not called. If he had shot at the same time he fouled him then they would have probably called it.

I saw it several times. I think it was a foul. I do not like it hear it when people say "let the players play at the end of the game". All rules should apply to ALL at EVERY part of a game.

I saw it several times. I think it was a foul. I do not like it hear it when people say "let the players play at the end of the game". All rules should apply to ALL at EVERY part of a game.

Not in the playoffs. This has never been the case, especially as of recent. In the final seconds, if there is a questionable foul, the refs will never blow the whistle. They have been very consistent on that stance.

Never, ever, put the ref's in the position to determine your fate in a game. It's always better to put yourself in a position where the ref's can't lose the game for you.

It looked like a foul to me. Having said that, I don't think the Spurs played a good game and the refs were not going to call that foul at the end of the game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)