Interesting observation

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bwexler

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 29, 2007
San Marcos, CA
I have an old cheap Changhong 50" 1080 P TV.
When i watch from my H3 i have to adjust volume to 20 to hear and understand dialogue.
When I watch from my Cox mini with voluset at 10, dialogue is louder and has less distortion.

Why do I get seemingly superior sound from the cox mini than the H3?

The TV is also much more responsive to the Cox remote then the 50 remote. Why?

I get the same thing from my Firestick. When I switch to the Firestick, I have to turn the volume down and then back to the Hopper, up again

I have an old cheap Changhong 50" 1080 P TV.
When i watch from my H3 i have to adjust volume to 20 to hear and understand dialogue.
When I watch from my Cox mini with voluset at 10, dialogue is louder and has less distortion.

Why do I get seemingly superior sound from the cox mini than the H3?

The TV is also much more responsive to the Cox remote then the 50 remote. Why?
I guess the same manufacturer didn't build them all.

the audio settings in the hopper might be selected to a setting which allows higher dynamic range (louder louds, quieter average).
While the other devices may have compressed dynamic range making quieter stuff louder and louder stuff quieter; smoothing the volume levels, but overall louder.

I had a similar problem when I replaced my tv. for some reason the optical output from tv is not as loud as the previous tv i had. weird. chromecast and smart tv features are much louder.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)