Interesting Problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ericgtr

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 16, 2004
I used to be able to rewind a program and hit the record button, it would know that I wanted to record from the point I rewinded it til the end of the event. It appears that this doesn't work now, it will only record the show that is currently in progress. :confused:

That's disheartening, hopefully it's maybe a temporary glitch in your unit... I have noticed that most of the time it will name the timeshifted recording as the show that's currently on at the time you go back and tell it to record.

Along that note, I sure wish they'd fix the timeshift recording to stop when you tell it to, and not save everything up to "live" tv. That accounts for much wasted space on my 522.

My dish dvr seems to think I like PBS as it is stuck on my local pbs affiliate.

ericgtr said:
I used to be able to rewind a program and hit the record button, it would know that I wanted to record from the point I rewinded it til the end of the event. It appears that this doesn't work now, it will only record the show that is currently in progress. :confused:

This ONLY works if the 522 is in DUAL mode and the program you are recording is recorded to TV you are watching. (At least for TV1)

Record Plus must be enabled too. [Menu 8-6]

I did it last night with Scary Movie 3. I tried to send it to TV2 and it grayed out the box that says [x] Record Entire Event. When I sent it to TV1 it worked.

[Record] [Options] [Record to TV1] [Record Entire Event]

Try that.

Nevermind... I see what you meant. I went back to a previous show and tried to record it and it recorded the current show.

Sorry... :eek:

Mark, also, I use this feature all the time in single mode. Except I haven't in the last couple days, so I haven't noticed if mine is affected with this problem currently.

Well, that's certainly one way to prevent recording a choppy show. Now all the have to do is take away single mode, drop us down to L1.69 and we'll be back to square one ;)

same here...must of been recently,cause i used the procedure a couple times last week,.tried to go back last night and tape a show for the wife...that i forgot...and she got a half a show.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)