Interesting site problem perhaps you can figure it out Scott.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevenl

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jan 2, 2006
Disney World
heres the problem, when I goto make a post (after clicking submit) every now and again it brings me back to just a white blank page, or a page with just the "post in ad" but nothing else except a "function: write error" a php error,

Now I have narrowed it down to only happening when my new post will appear on the next page in a thread. Example im set to view like 10 posts per page, so if im making post 11, the next post will apear on page 2, whenever that happens I get the error, Its a simple fix All i do is click refresh on the browser and it returns me to page one, I then click page 2 to view my post.

I have to agree with the OP. Same problem occurs to me whenever I post, and said post creates a new page. I usually end up clicking on the "go back page" arrow...hit refresh...and then click on the newest page to see the results of my post. Never does the problem occur with IE...just Firefox

That I dont know about, we are using vBulletin and with default vbulletin code (no code modifications at all) so it should work with Firefox fine.

I will try checking out vbulletin.com tonight and see if anyone else is having these issues (and if they are) how to fix them. :D

This is the problem I have that I mentioned in the 'Ads in posts' thread.

Whenever an ad is written into a post i've submitted, I hang on a white screen, either blank, or with the document.write statement and the ad displayed.

Ya same Elstevo, Sometimes the screen is blank other times it will display only the ad, and not the rest of the site. or it will display a write error. :)

On a side note scott: id suggest looking at not VB itself but your addons I run a few VB sites (and am a member of the .org site with the same name) and I never have any problems like that. I do not run the SEO software nor ad software you do though those are the only differences. I also run the latest version of VB..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)