Interesting...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
So today I wanted to see if my Slingcatcher could watch the Slingbox on the 922...

So I hooked it up and connected to my network and it saw the 922.

I connected to the 922 and while the PQ was not that great it worked...

I then went back to the Slingcatcher Main Menu and noticed there was a software update available for my Slingcatcher so I installed it.

After installing it I went to connect to my 922 again but got the following message...

Sorry, the Slingbox you connected to is not comatible with SlingCatcher. Please select a different Slingbox.

Kind of disapointing actually, as it was working before the software update. :(

So today I wanted to see if my Slingcatcher could watch the Slingbox on the 922...
So I hooked it up and connected to my network and it saw the 922.
I connected to the 922 and while the PQ was not that great it worked...
I then went back to the Slingcatcher Main Menu and noticed there was a software update available for my Slingcatcher so I installed it.
After installing it I went to connect to my 922 again but got the following message...
Sorry, the Slingbox you connected to is not comatible with SlingCatcher. Please select a different Slingbox.
Kind of disapointing actually, as it was working before the software update. :(

Did those bastards decide that they didn't want the SlingCatcher to compete with the HDTV extender?

OR

Did those bastards decide they didn't want someone to let a buddy have a SlingCatcher at their house so you can share your Dish subscription with them?

OR

Are they not bastards, did an older update accidentally break it, and they'll come out with a new firmware that unbreaks it?

Was the update recent or was it the May 2009 update? Do you have version a #?

People HATE SlingMedia for FORCING updates to their SlingBoxes and then charge them for support when it screws something up. At least the SlingCatcher asked you if you wanted the update. I wonder if they can force the 'Catchers to take firmware.

Either way, it sucks that they got rid of the compatibly.

Thanks for checking into it!

Jason

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts