Interference from modem?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Galois31415

Original poster
Mar 30, 2018
Gettysburg PA
Earlier this week, I got a new modem/router from Centurylink to upgrade my internet service. Around the same time, I started getting lots of 'Signal Loss' error messages from my Dish receiver. (This morning it is code 31-11-45, but it has also been 11-12-45 and maybe others). It seems like the signal is more likely to come through when I disconnect the receiver from my router, but there are other times when that doesnt help or when it does work even when connected to the router.

The timing might be a coincidence, but I thought I would ask to see if any of you have any ideas about a connection between the two. I have reset my DISH receiver (a 722k) and checked the connections in the house a few times.

Unless you new modem is out there sitting in front of the dish, I very much doubt it.
Did you "install" the modem yourself, or did someone from the cable company come out. If someone came out, maybe they disturbed the dish or its wiring somehow (unintentionally or otherwise).

Reactions: harshness
It seems like the simplest answer would be to turn off the modem for a long enough period to see if the LOS issue goes away. Yeah, I know, that would mean no Internet during that time... :(

It seems like the simplest answer would be to turn off the modem for a long enough period to see if the LOS issue goes away.

I would imagine that, if he has diplexed that cable signal, it will continue to interfere with his satellite signal even if the modem is off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)