Interference? My unit changes channels on its own...

Bernie Lomax

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 7, 2004
My only guess is that one of my neighbors has a Dish unit and their remote is somehow hitting my unit? We live on the top floor of a 3 family house which is surrounded by other 3 family houses. I'll be watching TV and its as if there's someone else playing games with me. Really drives me nuts. What can I do? I have an 801.

Bernie Lomax said:
My only guess is that one of my neighbors has a Dish unit and their remote is somehow hitting my unit? We live on the top floor of a 3 family house which is surrounded by other 3 family houses. I'll be watching TV and its as if there's someone else playing games with me. Really drives me nuts. What can I do? I have an 801.

You probably have an 811 since there is not an 801. Your best bet is to change the remote code. You can learn how to do that from the manual or someone will probably be along shortly to tell you how. (I don't remember off-hand.)

chaddux said:
You probably have an 811 since there is not an 801. Your best bet is to change the remote code. You can learn how to do that from the manual or someone will probably be along shortly to tell you how. (I don't remember off-hand.)
press the SysInfo button on the receiver, Hold the sat button until it stays on, then set a number between 1 & 15, then press #, and then record.

(That's what I do for my 721, but the 811 may be different.).

I am sure it is another remote in one of your neighbors homes. We recently upgraded to a 522 and had the same problem. My daughter was trying to watch Disney and was fighting with a neighbor who wanted to watch TNT. They went back and forth for nearly 5 minutes, before my wife realized what was probably going on, and when my wife changed the remote code the problem went away.

Jolard said:
I am sure it is another remote in one of your neighbors homes. We recently upgraded to a 522 and had the same problem. My daughter was trying to watch Disney and was fighting with a neighbor who wanted to watch TNT. They went back and forth for nearly 5 minutes, before my wife realized what was probably going on, and when my wife changed the remote code the problem went away.

Your wife knows how to do that!?! I'm jealous! My wife has a hard time operating the toaster we bought last week...

My remote does not have a sysinfo button. It is the silver UHF Pro remote. I dont see any info in the manual either.

Bernie Lomax said:
My remote does not have a sysinfo button. It is the silver UHF Pro remote. I dont see any info in the manual either.
the Sysinfo button is on the RECEIVER, not the remote. The reason for using it is so that it's not hit by the remote to begin with.

Jordan420 said:
that is the reason you should have all your receivers locked, so someone else can't order PPV accidently

That's a really good point. How do I do that?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts