Intermittant "searching for signal"

Gasman_66

Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
So. Il.
I hope this is the right forum, didn`t think the tech forum would be right.
We have a set-up of 2 301`s(yes, I know...ancient), 1 in our living room & 1 in our girls room. Just 1 dish, a 500. Now last weekend, we were watching our TV(living room) when all of a sudden, it went into searching for signal mode. We heard the girls TV still on & kind`a looked at each other. I`ll try to shorten the story some but IF more info is needed, I`ll be HAPPY to provide! So we went through the usual pull the card, unplug resets for it to SOMEtimes come back on. Checked a good few times what the signal strength was too & at times it was 0.....WITH the girls TV working.
Now here is maybe the cause, got fed up playing the game & told the wife its going out to the shop, thought I could clean it at LEAST! No doubt about that!, got the cover off & to my surprise, cat hair(yeah, we`ve got a fur ball) & a good bit of dust....should`a took a pic. Anyway, before I blew it out I knew to put my nose in there & smell for burnt caps or diodes(I`ve worked some on cb`s) then blew it out well & inspected for burnt stuff.....didn`t find any.Sprayed contact cleaner in it too. This past week its been contrary at times, not ALL the time though. I`m "guessing" its something in the ant/tuning circuit but its just a guess. I`d appreciate any ideas what i could do to it next other than 22 rifle practice....lol...even though I DID think of that!!!
Thanks in advance for the look & possible ideas!!!

I was wrong, Acquiring satellite sigal. The Attention 015 screen, just keeps going through the transponder numbers, thought I would add my correction.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)