Intermitten Black Screen on Hopper Sling

JanTejeda

Original poster
Mar 11, 2007
I keep getting an intermitten black screen on the hopper sling, every time im trying to access onDemand. and select - Deadliest catch. straight ethernet cable, on my 2nd hopper sling receiver, and still... any suggestions

Have you tried to reset the Hopper by unplugging from the power outlet for 10-15 seconds? Also, have you tried to reset the Broadband connection?

I keep getting an intermitten black screen on the hopper sling, every time im trying to access onDemand. and select - Deadliest catch. straight ethernet cable, on my 2nd hopper sling receiver, and still... any suggestions
That was the beginning of my Hopper failure. Once I talked with Tech, they said lets arrange to swap it out.............next up watch for screen freeze

I have had my hopper3 for a week now and for the last 3 nights and I get a black screen with a picture in the upper right corner. This requires a reboot. Wife is not happy....

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys mobile app

I have had my hopper3 for a week now and for the last 3 nights and I get a black screen with a picture in the upper right corner. This requires a reboot. Wife is not happy....

I had that issue for a couple days and then it 'magically' quit doing it. No rhyme or reason.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mine did that the other night and I thought oh crap here we go with this problem from the 922. I hit a bunch of keys and it came out of it. Not sure what I did! I think it was just channel changes, menus, guide, DVR etc. Just pushed a bunch of things. Maybe it was going to an info screen ...

I am getting black screen flicker as well. It does it randomly, and will last between just a flicker to up to one or two seconds. I will try rebooting and see if that helps.

ETA--I am getting this flicker regardless of how the programming is coming in: Netflix (although it seems worse on Netflix), On Demand, DVR recorded shows and live tv.

My wife is handicapped and watches from early morning and has no problems. When she retires for the night she uses her Joey. I am going to reboot when she retires and hope it works for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts