Intermittent HDMI issues on 722...

GNASH

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 2, 2007
Between Kalamazoo & GR. MI
Hi all,

We had a weird occurrence this past week and I wanted to run it by all of you and get your take.

This past Friday we got a PS3 via UPS. We decided to hook it up to our Stereo Receiver via HDMI in place of the upconverting DVD player. We also have our 722 hooked up via HDMI. Both run into the receiver with no problem.

After hooking everything up, we attempted to turn on the satellite and found that we had no picture. Sound (which is hooked up to the receiver through Toslink cable) was fine, so the 722 was working. We decided to try some things to see what was not working and isolated the problem to the HDMI port on the back of the 722 (rearranged HDMI cables to each component to verify cables were good and such). Decided that we would hook it up via Component cables for the weekend (and eventually)would call Dish to let them know.

Things were okay, when all of a sudden on Sunday night (or Monday), went to switch from PS3 to satellite, and I hit the button to switch inputs (expecting to see a blank screen and hear the audio from the 722) and the picture was working fine. My question is, what would have made the HDMI stop working for like 48 hours and then all of a sudden start working again???

After hooking up component cables, no one messed with any of the wires, so we know it is not something we may have accidentally done to the wires.

Thanks for your thoughts about a cause,
Geoff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)