Adding new ViP211 receiver

M.P.DEBO

Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
I want to add a third receiver , a nother HD ViP211, to my Dish Network system and am trying to decide the best action to take. Can I replace dual gun set up on my first dish with a quad and get rid of the second dish (Which I was told is for local channels and no longer needed). Or should I just put a DP34 switch in my existing set up to accomodate the third receiver. I was also told by a Dish Network rep that I would have to buy the third receiver, that it couldn't be added. See the enclosed diargam for my system set up and numbers.

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 494
I want to add a third receiver , a nother HD ViP211, to my Dish Network system and am trying to decide the best action to take. Can I replace dual gun set up on my first dish with a quad and get rid of the second dish (Which I was told is for local channels and no longer needed). Or should I just put a DP34 switch in my existing set up to accomodate the third receiver. I was also told by a Dish Network rep that I would have to buy the third receiver, that it couldn't be added. See the enclosed diargam for my system set up and numbers.

First, this is probably about to be moved to the tech forum.

Second, the diagram is confusing to me. It shows the third dish pointing at 119, same as the first dish. Was it actually pointing at 148 or 61.5? I don't know where you live, so I can't tell where your locals would be.

Third, with a 211, you really need to have that second dish pointing at either 129 or 61.5 because a fair amount of HD content is on these two birds. 61.5 if you live on east coast, 129 otherwise. Many locals also moved to these sats as well.

Basically, need more info.

You might also want to look at replacing the SD receiver with a dual tuner model. You can lease both that way.

I live just south of Atlanta so the second dish is actually pointed 129 and not 119, my mistake. So I just answered my own question about not needing the second dish, I was told incorrectly. You mentioning that it should be 129 or 61.5 made me realize that the dish with the single gun was for HD content so thanks for bringing that up. The dishes are pointed different dirrections so it makes sense. So it looks like I should go with the DP34 switch. This dish stuff is new to me so I'm just figuring it out. I'll try and move this to the tech forum. Thanks

I live just south of Atlanta so the second dish is actually pointed 129 and not 119, my mistake. So I just answered my own question about not needing the second dish, I was told incorrectly. You mentioning that it should be 129 or 61.5 made me realize that the dish with the single gun was for HD content so thanks for bringing that up. The dishes are pointed different dirrections so it makes sense. So it looks like I should go with the DP34 switch. This dish stuff is new to me so I'm just figuring it out. I'll try and move this to the tech forum. Thanks

I would recommend you look at the new DISH 222 receiver.
DISH Network -- Dish HD

Use this to replace the 301. You lose no capability and this solution should be leasable. In addition, this can use the splitter so that no additional lines are needed, thus saving you the need for the DPP34.

I don't know your contract status, but this is something they should be willing to work with. Try playing CSR roulette if you don't get them to agree with an exchange at first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)