Intermittent Running of VIP722

Tobar

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 20, 2004
Sacramento, CA
Approx. 2 or 3 times a day my wifes VIP722 will begin running on it's own. Not the reboot running but a low hum in the background (no lights). It takes a soft reboot to end the hum. It bugs her and in turn I must get bugged. I'm sure you understand. I have the software reset set for 0900 and it does fine at that time, but will do this other thing at any hour. Is the unit going out? Thanks

All Dish DVRs come on rather frequently. I do not know what they are doing exactly, but these tasks could include disk cleanup/defragmenting, downloading the lastest/greatest guide (to get recent changes), and sending health status to Dish. There is little you can do about this but relocate the receiver remote from your wife's ear. (Mine is in the basement w/30ft HDMI cable to family room.)

I had the same problem, so I unplugged my unit and sprayed compressed air into all the vents. Also cleaned off the dust that had collected around the unit. Now I don't notice the fan noise NEARLY as often as I used to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)