Intermittent signal loss

RoyalB

Original poster
Apr 14, 2013
Pennsylvania
I had an HD dish and 722k installed two years ago. Never a problem until the last week to 10 days, During that time I have had several occasions when I enter a channel number, the receiver switches to it and shows the Complete Signal Loss screen. Almost every time, I do a channel down and a channel back up and the channel displays properly. On one maybe two occasions, I got repeated Signal Loss after doing channel down, channel up several times. I switched to another channel and then a few minutes later when I went back to the originally requested channel and it displayed properly. Rebooted the receiver today and already saw the Signal Loss screen once. Any explanation.

Have you tried resetting your receiver by unplugging it for 15 seconds? Does an error message show after a check switch test is run in Menu>6>1>1>Check switch>test?

I rebooted by unplugging the receiver. Will check error messages.

My problem seems different than shortspark's. I have no OTA module and the signal loss only occurs when I first tune a channel. No drops in the middle of viewing.

I had a similar problem when I had a 722. I'd get the loss message, but if I rewound, the video was there. Did a System Info test and I had lnb drift. Results show up in box a. Had the lnb array replaced and no more problems.
Try doing the test.

Dish tech was out this week to correct my LNB drift. Dish waived the service fee. Tech was concerned about my installation, done 2 years ago, including a connector exposed to the weather, and replaced everything from the dish to the receiver. He said the only thing else it could be was my 722 box. After his first test showed no signal on one of the transponders, he suggested he leave a new box so I could transfer my recordings to my EHD, set up the new box and ship the old one back to Dish. After that, his tests showed everything fine, and I was able to immediately latch on to all channels I switched to. I told him I'd call Dish if I needed a new box.

Of course, as soon as he left I started having channels that would not come up. Why didn't I have him leave it. However, in the four days since everything has worked perfectly. A system test shows Good, without any mention of LNB drift. One test did show a red box on 61.5 but that was when TV2 was in use, which I'm guessing the box didn't properly release the TV2 use.

I won't do anything unless I start having problems, but has anyone had experience with the box being the cause of LNB drift messages? Am I still headed for trouble with mine or should I be OK?

Receivers age and when you got the 722 it was already a used receiver, so failing components is very possible. When you test for LNB drift what is doing the test? Your 722 so it could be the actual problem. Continue using the receiver and transfer as much programming as possible to the EHD just in case it needs to be replaced.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts