International channels moving from 61.5 to 118.7 ?

kjboss

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 19, 2011
ny
Hi,

currently I have 61.5 / 72 /77 (1000.4 setup) and I watch my international channels from 61.5. Now I see a note while watching my international channels that this channel is moving and to call Dish, I may need equipment upgrade. I chatted Dish Net about it, but each time I have different answer. Haven't contacted DIRT yet, but will do.

My HOA almost killed me for this one dish on a roof and adding extra dish is not an option. Can I ask to have 110/118.7/119/129 Dish 1000+ dish in NYC ? This would mean I can have all my channels ( I have everything + international ) using only one dish. IS Dish going to do it for me ? Of course since its dish channel move, I should get installation and new dish for free, right ?

Thanks
kjboss

Hi,

currently I have 61.5 / 72 /77 (1000.4 setup) and I watch my international channels from 61.5. Now I see a note while watching my international channels that this channel is moving and to call Dish, I may need equipment upgrade. I chatted Dish Net about it, but each time I have different answer. Haven't contacted DIRT yet, but will do.

My HOA almost killed me for this one dish on a roof and adding extra dish is not an option. Can I ask to have 110/118.7/119/129 Dish 1000+ dish in NYC ? This would mean I can have all my channels ( I have everything + international ) using only one dish. IS Dish going to do it for me ? Of course since its dish channel move, I should get installation and new dish for free, right ?

Thanks
kjboss
You answered your own question DIRT.

He obviously isn't in a RV. As Krell said, I believe you will need 61.5 if you want NY locals. So there is no way to have one Dish if you want 118, unless you give up the locals. Is there an antenna available to you to get the locals? If so you could do that though you probably will not get the program guide for them.

Your HOA is not allowed to restrict the number of dishes you need to receive your programming.
The Commission’s rule covers the antennas necessary to receive service. Therefore, a local rule may not, for example, allow only one antenna if more than one antenna is necessary to receive the desired service.​
Over-the-Air Reception Devices Rule | FCC.gov

My HOA almost killed me for this one dish on a roof and adding extra dish is not an option
why not? the FCC document OTARD says you are protected to get as many dishes (under 1 meter) to get all the programming you pay for.

Doesn't OTARD say you have to have it in a private space? He says it's on his roof, which is almost certainly common property. Perhaps his balcony faces north or something like that.

Doesn't OTARD say you have to have it in a private space? He says it's on his roof, which is almost certainly common property. Perhaps his balcony faces north or something like that.

That was my assumption. Good point though about no restriction on amount of antennas, if in a private area.

Dish is on a roof, which is common area and yes,,,,they will not grand me to have 2nd dish there. After they found one my dish, they wanted to remove it, but now its silent, so I have it, but I bet they will never allow to have more than this one. I dont want to hear that because of me they need to have new roof and they will ask me to pay for any repairs for any stupid dish.

ps. I dont care about locals, I can have them OTA.

Then upgrade to a D1000+ which would give you the International channels you sub to and HD but you would lose your locals in HD (SD locals are still on 119)

I have eastern arc . If I would add the 118.7 dish Do I need a switch and if so what type of switch. I still hope that DISH comes to its senses and doesnot remove the international channels from 61.5 as they have been talking about it for tha last two years

I have eastern arc . If I would add the 118.7 dish Do I need a switch and if so what type of switch.
the output of the 118.7 LNB can plug right into the Eastern Arc LNB

I still hope that DISH comes to its senses and doesnot remove the international channels from 61.5 as they have been talking about it for tha last two years
they've been removing channels from 61.5 for a while now. They move like 10 or so every couple weeks

the output of the 118.7 LNB can plug right into the Eastern Arc LNB

My understading is that only the older original 118/119 LNB will work as a dish 500+ wing dish add-on to an existing EA 1000.4 setup. The newer 500+ DPP "two oval eye" lnb desiged for 110/119/118 will not work it has a built-in switch that can't be turned off. Is this correct ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)