International Channels Moving to 61.5/148

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
International Channels Moving to 61.5/148

Effective September 14, 2006, the below International programming language groups will no longer require a 121° SuperDISH antenna

As of September 14, 2006, the required antenna for new customers subscribing to the International programming language groups listed below will be a wing antenna (DISH 300 or DISH 500) and will no longer be a SuperDISH antenna. Effective September 14, 2006, Incentives will no longer be paid on SuperDISH antennas that are installed to view the following International programming packages:

Italian
Japanese
South Asian - Tamil

Please keep in mind that effective September 8, 2006, all International 2nd antenna installations are free to the customer.

Ahh...so if a person wanted a 61.5 instead of the 129 for his hi-def, it would almost to be his advantage to sign up for one of the listed international packages and then discontinue it the very next day AFTER activations???

Yeah, internationals should be on a different satellite than the one for HD. I don't know how they're thinking of fitting internationals on the wings and HD. I mean, there must be a lot of space on 148 since there are only a handful of HD channels there vs. 61.5, but 61.5 sure has a lot of channels on there now.

By the way, aren't international channels only taking up like 1/4 the space that an HD channel takes up on the TP, right? Haha.

maybe they are moving Internationals to 61.5 to free up space at 121 for HD.

One can always hope.

Remember at one time the plan was to use 105 for HD

The one and only Japanese channel "TV Japan" has been on 61.5 since back in May 1998 when I first subscribed, its been mirrored off 148 since that satellite was moved into position for folks on the upper portion of the west coast that couldn't pick up 61.5 before 121 existed.:)

Yep, mainly non-English channels were on 61.5, well before anyone thought of transmitting HD and/or Modified HD. And I always thought Bonanza was an international channel! :confused:

On the serious side...
Effective September 14, 2006, the below International programming language groups will no longer require a 121° SuperDISH antenna
I wonder if they are planning on discontinuing programming on 121? If so, I sure hope they come out with the Repoint Kit.

Why the hell are they putting up 118.75....damn don't understand why they cant make up thier minds.

:confused: crazy thought????? when do they go to hd completely?? it was going to be 20XX. may be they are setting up to have everything in hd. but who knows by that time they may have it all in hd some thing new will already be out. bigger and better. . video game machines do this get everyone to buy it then switch to a new system so you will have to start all over.

SmityWhity said:
Yep, mainly non-English channels were on 61.5, well before anyone thought of transmitting HD and/or Modified HD. And I always thought Bonanza was an international channel! :confused:

On the serious side...
I wonder if they are planning on discontinuing programming on 121? If so, I sure hope they come out with the Repoint Kit.

If you look carefully, I betcha most if not all of the channels "moving" have always been on 61.5 anyway, they are rem oving them from 121 and stopping dealers from installing more superdishes.

Internationals started life on 61.5. Then along came 121 and the superdish. Someone decided "gee, we can do a 1 dish solution for american, locals, and international" so they started mirroring the more popular international channels to 121. Then Echo X went live and suddenly all the locals move back to 110, so now 121 isnt such a great idea anymore (along with the pain in the @$$ superdishes are).

I wouldnt panic about international channels taking up space, it's going to be a long time before there are enough HD channels to need more transponder sapce, and by then I'm pretty sure tehy will have another satellite launched to replace 129 so it actually covers the whole country with decent signal levels.

A stupid company doing stupid thimgs all the times, ooooh its not their money as well, but the poor stock holders, spending money do stupid things and stock holders earn less or no earn at all.:mad: :mad: :down :down :down

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)