International Channels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

halapeno

Original poster
Feb 7, 2006
We have had service from "The Filipino Channel" for years, but they have just recently joined forces with Directv which unfortunately means I have to change from Dishnetwork to Directv.

So I called Directv and scheduled an appointment for installation. When the tech arrived he said he didn't know anything about aiming the dish for the international channels, so he left without doing anything (first day of vacation lost). So then, I scheduled a second appointment for installation with a different tech, but he never showed up (second day of vacation flushed).

When the installation people called to reschedule, whilst I'm complaining, the manager said "just shutup and make a new appointment". So I hung up.
Anyway, the point of all of this is that I'm still going to use Directv, but I'm going to do the install myself (I've done it before and can't afford yet another lost day of vacation).

I have a 33" dish that I bought from the Filipino Channel, which Directv says will work for their international channels. I have an older Directv receiver and 18" dish from a few years ago that I'll re-install.

My question:
Can anyone tell me the inclination and azimuth for the 33" dish from Houston Texas?

Thanks,
Hal

I had TFC for many years also, then one Sunday I saw a program on ABS/CBN telling about the change over to Directv. I was going to check on it for future reference then my receiver died. Would not turn on at all. (maybe they have a kill signal)

Anyway had Directv installed and have been very happy since or I should say the wife is.

I would suggest using the large dish for the 95 degree and the small for 101 and use a 6x8 zinwell switch. Attach the 95 to the flex port. You may need to upgrade your receiver to get the 95 satellite. It will depend on the software of the receiver.

They used a single dish for my original install with the 95 & 101 lnbs, then they set the azimuth, inclination and scew. It looked strange to me but it was able to pick up the two satellites.

Jim

I got this for the dish pointing....I may be wrong but just thought I would add my two cents...

Azimuth 191.2

Elevation 54.8

When TFC was on their own they transmitted from Telestar 5. Does anyone know if that is still the case and the additional DirecTV dish is just needed to point to T5?

Tfc

They now broadcast on Galaxy 3 at 95 degrees.
Your old TFC dish will still work after it is repointed
but the LNB needs to converted.

Hal

Isn’t the TFA dish and LNB a generic FTA Ku? If so it should work fine for Galaxy 3C which only needs a single linear Ku LNB w/10.75 LO.
Bob
halapeno said:
They now broadcast on Galaxy 3 at 95 degrees.
Your old TFC dish will still work after it is repointed
but the LNB needs to converted.

Hal

your existing TFC dish was set to received the 97 satellite and needs to be align for the 95 satellite (directv) in order to receive the filipino programming. Once you realigned that, run the dish's cable to the "flexport input" of the multiswitch (6x8 Directv) and run the other lines from the regular directv dish (18 inch) to the first two input of the switch......when you're done with that...go ahead and turn on your directv receiver and go to settings (satellite) and do the "auto-detech"....when its done make sure the receiver receives the 95 and 101 satellite. If you don't get the 95 then you need to realign the TFC dish untill the receiver detects it.

by the way its really hard to align the TFC dish without a good meter (birddog) so good luck of getting the 95 without it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)