International Migrations from 61.5 to 118.7 | EARC

PrinceAndy63

Original poster
Apr 28, 2011
Queens, NY
I currently have 2 international channels on the 61.5 and read that they will be moved to 118.7. I contacted DISH and told me that I will have to upgrade to a qualifying package to continue receiving those channels. The package I have is the B4U Music Channel and if I do schedule a work order for an installer to install the 118.5 dish, what package will I have to choose to continue to receive that channel? I was told the Hindi Mega Pack for $49.99 but I just want that one channel. If I don't opt for the new dish, obviously I lose the channel in some time, and when I do lose it, do I have to pay $5 to cancel a package that doesn't exist?

Well that sucks. You can always buy/install a 500+ yourself and keep your current grandfathered package.

I currently have 2 international channels on the 61.5 and read that they will be moved to 118.7. I contacted DISH and told me that I will have to upgrade to a qualifying package to continue receiving those channels. The package I have is the B4U Music Channel and if I do schedule a work order for an installer to install the 118.5 dish, what package will I have to choose to continue to receive that channel? I was told the Hindi Mega Pack for $49.99 but I just want that one channel. If I don't opt for the new dish, obviously I lose the channel in some time, and when I do lose it, do I have to pay $5 to cancel a package that doesn't exist?

Would you mind sending me a PM with your phone number or account number? I'll see if there's a work around we can do that would allow you to keep the grandfathered package.

The B4u pack (now called Hindi Masti pack) is only available as an add on to regular Hindi packages. Currently, the OP has it a la carte without a Hindi package, so any changes that would be made would require that a regular Hindi Package be added on with it, or the B4U pack be removed.

Unfortunately, I could not find a work around (other than purchasing the equipment) :(

I'll probably go looking for someone in my family who knows how to add a dish to my setup and point it to 118 and be grandfathered in. Thanks for the info Matt.

(Maybe I get lucky and find someone with an unused dish 500+ for 118)

Last edited:
Add a differnt language's package to what you already have for a month or two and then cancel the other languages package.

He also has AT200, how about adding "ala carte" euronews 118.7 to his existing sub, I have added and then removed ala carte and kept both grandfathered core and grandfathered internationals intact. If the channel is still on 61.5 for now wait to see what offers they come up with for the 61.5 internationals customers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)