Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Dish Network will be launching a new international package called the "Korean Tiger Pack" on February 1st. The cost of the package will be $19.99 a month. It will require a dish at 118.7.

The channels included are as follows:

BTN (Channel 658)
JSTV (Channel 668)
OnGameNet (Channel 657)
Arirang (Channel 705)
WOW-TV (Channel 661)
KBS World (Channel 652 / 704)
Golf Channel (Channel 401)

Again this package is available as of February 1st.

Thanks for the update Scott.
Disappointed though, was hoping this pack would include either SBS or MBC. This pack is basically the existing ala carte channels packaged together.

Dish Network will be launching a new international package called the "Korean Tiger Pack" on February 1st. The cost of the package will be $19.99 a month. It will require a dish at 118.7.

The channels included are as follows:

BTN (Channel 658)
JSTV (Channel 668)
OnGameNet (Channel 657)
Arirang (Channel 705)
WOW-TV (Channel 661)
KBS World (Channel 652 / 704)
Golf Channel (Channel 401)

Again this package is available as of February 1st.

Maybe thats why its the"Tiger Pack"

Perhaps with Tigers current problems they will switch it out for Hustler HD instead of the Golf Channel. ;)

Does this mean KBS World will no longer be available as PI, Top 100, 200, 250 package, channel 9850?

This package stinks. Those are cable channels in Korea with low low ratings.

MBC and SBS is currently on Direct TV. Only the tv series has English subs and the shows has no subtitles. If this includes, MBC or SBS, I might go for the deal. SBS has better subtitles then KBS which has so many grammer mistakes. The font size are better and shorter on SBS.

Great, they throw 6 pennies and a quarter in a package and try to sell it for a dollar. This package blows goats. KBS is the only worthwhile channel and its already included in PI if you have 118. I was actually hoping (or rather my wife was) that Dish would do something worthwhile and throw MBC and/or SBS into the mix, in which case I'd gladly pay $30-40 for those 3 channels alone.

SBS was part of the Korean package when I got Dish Network. I did not subscribe to it. Then, they move to Direct TV with MBC and that package cost $26.99 for about 5-6 channels.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts