Slingbox Now?

tornado

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 13, 2004
Tulsa
I have never had a slingbox, but would like to do what it can do. My receivers are 622s. I have an opportunity to get one now. Should I wait for the 922? I remember Scott the founder a while ago saying that someone is better off now with Slingbox Pro HD because the 922 is not quite performing yet in the Slingbox arena. I really want to sling but would I be better off waiting for the release of the 922? Somebody please tell me, I can hardly wait. Thank you.

Best case is the 922 is out in February. Expect bugs when it comes out for awhile. Personally, I'd go for the stand alone slingbox and the 622.

I am a big fan of components. When one device fails, the others still work. I am not sure what a built-in Slingbox gets you, other than limits on how to connect it.

Thank you mrschwarz. Was not really watching this thread but I got my slingbox. Have not set it up yet. I just got a different internet service and a Mac computer. Mac computer does not like the old router setup. There is a lot I am trying to figure out right now and there are a lot of networking accessories I cannot afford because I am really lacking funds right now but thank you.

I finally got my Slingbox up and running, no hitches. Really Sling helped me get it running, they set it up for me on my computer. I sometimes say things that I really don't know what I am talking about here on Satelliteguys, and I really didn't know about Slingbox because I hadn't ever had one. I had just heard about it. Now that I do have a Slingbox going I know what it is like. I thought maybe Slingbox was not as good as it is. I thought it would be weak on my Macintosh because there is presently no support for HD. Was I ever wrong. Slingbox looks awesome on my Mac. Slingbox is without a doubt the coolest accessory for TV viewing since Dish Network. My excuse for not getting Sling earlier is ignorance. Now that have it I really like it. Thank you to everyone I learn from here on this site. I know I had a lot of help and I really love everything I have now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)