International Packages

sbsi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 12, 2007
Which International Channels/Package will no longer be available on Dish Network by October 1st?

I know some people with Dish telling me their International Package which they subscribe to will no longer be offer. I cannot find any info on this site.

Any info???

"Identify,"
"You will identify first"

"Identify"

"..."
"''' '''' '''''''''' '''''""

"Identify,"

"Identify"

"..."
"''' '''' '''''''''' '''''""
What does this have to do with what he asked? I mean seriously? If you can not help someone then don't reply at all.

What happened did you miss not seeing your screen name online today?

And this comes from someone with an obscene and sexist avatar.

It has a lot to do with it, this is how dish treats its customers, they are left in the dark!

In addition, the OP says they know some people with certain internationals packages that are saying this, but they don't tell us what international packages those people sub to.

So again,

"Identify,"

"Identify"

"Identify,"

"Identify"

"Identify,"

"Identify"

Also could be a lot of confusion involving the channel number changes to the internationals and 61.5.

Last edited:
Which International Channels/Package will no longer be available on Dish Network by October 1st?

I know some people with Dish telling me their International Package which they subscribe to will no longer be offer. I cannot find any info on this site.

Any info???

Well, I was notified this week that my subscription to RFI was being canceled because after September it would only be available as part of a package. DISH offered me 50% off on the package for three months. Seemed like a fair deal to me.

3 months??? Not a bad deal, but 6+ months will be better.

My friend subscribe to the Portuguese Package and told me RTPi (la carte) will no longer be avaliable and must sub to a bigger package to get a deal. And, no discount for the next 3-6 months.

That why I was wondering is Dish dropping all a-la carte packages and offer bigger packages.

Dish does whatever it takes to lose customers, this is the 4th change to RTPi in less then 6 months, so I think it is safe to say they are on the outs with the programmer. RTPi is a FTA channel anyway so who needs to pay dish!

RFI for 1.99 a month for a single radio channel, and that was not enough for them? How do you say %$#@^&* in French? That's Dish! RFI is also FTA @ 97 west just like RTPi. So why pay dish?

http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist/index.php?page=97+Galaxy+25

Last edited:
Just logged in and looked under my online account under view additional programming can still order both RTPi and RFI, and also on their website under programming/ international still advertising these services ala carte. Just more dish-ception!

Just logged in and looked under my online account under view additional programming can still order both RTPi and RFI, and also on their website under programming/ international still advertising these services ala carte. Just more dish-ception!

dish-ception. That's good! :)

Well, I was notified this week that my subscription to RFI was being canceled because after September it would only be available as part of a package. DISH offered me 50% off on the package for three months. Seemed like a fair deal to me.

I got the same notice about RFI. I had subscribed to the French Bouquet for some time, but when the fees went up earlier this year, I had to dump the French Bouquet but keep RFI. I was not surprised that Dish did this, moving RFI into the pricey French Bouquet (well, the Bouquet is really a pretty good deal for the number and quality of channels). Dish is really no worse than most companies who do everything they can to get customers to trade-up or keep subscribers in the high end of a bill payment. But Dish, and those companies, are in heavy competition and they have to increase the money coming in--especially in this economy--or they will die. At this rate Dish will be just as expensive as DirectTV.

Well, I priced Verizon FiOS and for what I get with Dish (AEP) it would cost me $19 more per month as HOB and Cinemax are add-ons for FiOS. Then we come to Verizon's inferior DVR (Would I be willing to pay the big $$ to buy my own and far superior Moxi 3 tuner model with no DVR fees?) and it higher monthly fee than Dish's fee. My word, Dish still comes out the far better deal with more flexibility for multiple DVR's per household (Verizon's multi-room service won't cut it in this house).

While for some, DirecTV or another service may price out better, but for my situation, which is about getting the most for less than any other service out there, it always looks greener on the other side, until I crunched the numbers for my local cable company and Verizon FiOS. I am still getting a great deal and value with Dish: all around significantly LESS expensive than the competition.

I believe the recent fee hikes were carefully crafted so that subscribers like me who were P.O'd over the new, higher fees, would still find Dish to be "the low price leader," even if only by a few bucks or nearly TWENTY! So, I am still a Dish subscriber, but very pleased with my services, DVR, and just about everything, but I can't get too upset about Dish being just like every other company out there: willing to do what it takes to make as much money as it can. The is what America is all about.

I still get Euronews ala carte for $1.99. However, it is no longer available to new subscribers for ala carte. If I give it up, I can't get it again ala carte. I can only get it in a package. I have no intention of turning if off.

Dish does whatever it takes to lose customers, this is the 4th change to RTPi in less then 6 months, so I think it is safe to say they are on the outs with the programmer. RTPi is a FTA channel anyway so who needs to pay dish!

RFI for 1.99 a month for a single radio channel, and that was not enough for them? How do you say %$#@^&* in French? That's Dish! RFI is also FTA @ 97 west just like RTPi. So why pay dish?

SatelliteGuys.US_TheList - 97.0°W Galaxy_19 Ku

I'm a sub to RTPI and I haven't received any notice from Dish. Can anyone who's received the notice provide details related to what package its moving into, what other channels are included and the new cost? I want to have all the information in front of me before I call them to complain about having to find out the news from an online forum and not Dish (not to mention how badly they've screwed with subs of this channel since February).

Dish's attempt to strong arm customers into a higher pacakge is not going to work with international subs, becuase most own and don't lease and refuse to get themselves into a commitment, in the case of RTPi and RFI which are free services at 97 west its a real mistake. So ultimately Dish's greed will result in a substancial decrease in net subs to both those services via dish network. Are you happy yet Dish?

I'm a sub to RTPI and I haven't received any notice from Dish. Can anyone who's received the notice provide details related to what package its moving into, what other channels are included and the new cost? I want to have all the information in front of me before I call them to complain about having to find out the news from an online forum and not Dish (not to mention how badly they've screwed with subs of this channel since February).
The letter says:
"In the past month we have added two new channels to the Portuguese Luso Pack - Benfica TV and Sport TV Americas... To provide you with the best content available and to cover increased costs, effective 9/29/10, the monthly price of the Portuguese Luso Pack will increase to $29.99" - a $5.00 increase. The other LusoPackage channels are: RTPi, SIC Noticias, SPT, and Euronews.

The increase for the extra programming is not outrageous, I do have a real bone to pick with Charlie though... how come Benfica TV (739) is not available on the Eastern Arc.. and only on the 118 FSS sat that has no LOS to a lot of East coast subscribers... Hello... ? C'mon Charlie, you just turned on all those extra transponders on 61.5 - how about it ? - one more SD channel on tr 29.. ? Besides, you might get a lot of Portuguese subscribers to get (and pay) more than the Luso Pack if you allowed for a full EA setup and help simplify life for your installers as well...
(can't believe a Sporting Lisbon fan is trying to help you Benfica guys but anyhow...:D)

Last edited:
The letter says:
"In the past month we have added two new channels to the Portuguese Luso Pack - Benfica TV and Sport TV Americas... To provide you with the best content available and to cover increased costs, effective 9/29/10, the monthly price of the Portuguese Luso Pack will increase to $29.99" - a $5.00 increase. The other LusoPackage channels are: RTPi, SIC Noticias, SPT, and Euronews.

The increase for the extra programming is not outrageous, I do have a real bone to pick with Charlie though... how come Benfica TV (739) is not available on the Eastern Arc.. and only on the 118 FSS sat that has no LOS to a lot of East coast subscribers... Hello... ? C'mon Charlie, you just turned on all those extra transponders on 61.5 - how about it ? - one more SD channel on tr 29.. ? Besides, you might get a lot of Portuguese subscribers to get (and pay) more than the Luso Pack if you allowed for a full EA setup and help simplify life for your installers as well...
(can't believe a Sporting Lisbon fan is trying to help you Benfica guys but anyhow...:D)

Are you a sub of the Luso Pack? I have RTPi a la carte. From the letter, it's not clear if, going forward, RTPi will only be available to subs of the pack.

In one case, Dish increase prices on certain channels/package and decided to force subscribers into the more expensive, more channel packages.

Are you a sub of the Luso Pack? I have RTPi a la carte. From the letter, it's not clear if, going forward, RTPi will only be available to subs of the pack.
Correct - I am a sub of Luso Pack - there is no info in letter regarding the continuance of ala carte availability.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)