Internet access from living room

Do you have access to the Internet from your Livingroom?

• Yes

Votes: 66 95.7%
  • No

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I may, if needed

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have wireless in the House and a GB switch in the AV rack. Also, 2 PC's and a HTPC in the Den(which doubles as the Computer Room).

If your working on a new player please include an option for where to put the Full screen Display. My Projector is the second Monitor on my Computer and If I use Joost I have to watch it on the Computer Monitor or switch inputs.

If your working on a new player please include an option for where to put the Full screen Display. My Projector is the second Monitor on my Computer and If I use Joost I have to watch it on the Computer Monitor or switch inputs.

Our player should start in fullscreen mode, have you tried our demo? demo here

Thanks,
- Vincent

Last edited:
Wireless (so... everywhere :)) and I wired CAT5 throughout the house shortly after I bought it. Two jacks in the living room, but we live in the rec room/HT area where I wired 6 jacks (four in one spot and two in another).

Every home except one that I have ever been in has had net access in the living room, its so common place because people want to surf and watch tv, parents want to see what the kids are doing until they hit teenage years and then its a comp in the bedroom wich opens the doors to online pedophiles or in the basement for basicly the same possibility ( keep the computer where you can see it if you love your kids and dont want to see them on dateline ).

Our player should start in fullscreen mode, have you tried our demo? demo here

Thanks,
- Vincent

I Had Nuba But never saw any updates. No, I haven't downloaded your new player but will tonight. Will it run on Vista and can I force it/Move it to the second Monitor at will?

Van,
That's exactly why our computers are in the Den with the Home theatre so we can see what they(5 and 6) are doing and we can chat while watching the CC's and Tech Chats.

thanks,
Cegarrett

Forgot to add that mines wireless throughout the small dubplex Im in but the modem and router are in the bedroom where my wifes dell is at ( got it on a trade for an old shotgun I didnt use or want ) and daughters second gen imac ( scored it on the cheap ).

I have a wireless router at the entertainment center, with the 622,PS2,Xbox,and Xbox 360 hook up to it. The Wii is wireless.

The entire house is wired CAT6 (currently setup with a GIG network) and I have wireless to boot..

web available via laptop/wii/xbox MCE

all sat boxes refeed throughout the house.. can watch anything anywhere.. :p

Including the laptop via a term service to my main box with a sat pci card & ota/cable pci card

Wired and wireless in the living room with router (soon to be upgraded) hidden on the entertainment Center. Gigabyte in the basement with two wired connections, on behind the HDTV and one behind the couch. Wireless is also available.

wired and wireless through most of the house. Have two wireless routers installed to make coverage better everywhere (even down the street a ways). 4 connected devices in my entertainment center (TiVo, Network Media player, etc.), so had to set it up for plenty of connections. BR has two networked devices as well (ITVN and TiVo).

I think it's getting more commonplace to have a whole house wired. I know many contractors that do pre-wiring for new home construction now, so that every room is wired for networking. I imagine in another twenty years or so we won't find a house WITHOUT it. lol

I know at least 3 of my neighbors have wireless networking, because I can SEE their networks when I search. 1 of which is unsecured.

Wifi laptop but I have an 8 point switch behind the equipment center. Current hookup is the slingbox and a camera

I am using wireless ethernet jacks in 4 rooms of my house and wired in the computer room. So I am ready for iptv on my dish receivers.

I imagine in another twenty years or so we won't find a house WITHOUT it.

As you pointed out, wireless will be the way of the future. In 20 years we could all be on a global wireless broadband. Presently, my EVDO (A) is competitive with cable modem speeds. A wired house for internet will fall off like lightning rods did at the end of the 19th century.

First thing when I bought our house was to run the cat6 all throughout. Heck I am thinking of putting it in the bathroom, with a nice wall hung LCD! But then I have two wireless zones and until I move to needing HD streaming in it will not be worth the effort. Wish DISH would get rid of the phone line requirement, having to keep an old POTS line in, till at least I can get one of those SIPURA boxes and set it up. Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)