Internet Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad it does not archive us. :(

I could turn the no archive off, but then there are issues with people sometimes seeing old pages instead of the latest and greatest.

Forums are hard to archive as they are techincally always changing and dynamically created for each user.

For Firefox users, you can install the Wayback Extension that will allow you to right click on a webpage and quickly bring up the past history of that page. It's quite interesting looking at how sites have developed over time. Take a look at dishnetwork.com for example.

Sometimes the archives will tell you that the page is lost, or corrupt, and it's a little annoying. Why does it put up the link if it's not there...Then you find another link to the same site from another archived site and it works...I've emailed them about it and they assure me that the page (that eventually worked from another link) was lost...whatever...

And what's with them being ok with their archives being corrupted?! If that's what they think happened, I would think red flags would be going up...

It would be really nice to have the older archives that is an x amount of months old to be archived from time to time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)