Internet Connectivity

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

scocats

Original poster
Mar 25, 2012
scottsbluff, ne
Simple question. My 2 hopper/ 3 joey setup refused to share the internet without using a HIC. Has anyone been successful connecting their entire network of Hoppers and Joeys to the internet by just connecting to one Hopper? If so when was your device installed as mine was a first day install on 3/16?

Scocats

Simple question. My 2 hopper/ 3 joey setup refused to share the internet without using a HIC. Has anyone been successful connecting their entire network of Hoppers and Joeys to the internet by just connecting to one Hopper? If so when was your device installed as mine was a first day install on 3/16?

Scocats
you'll need both hoppers connected to the internet without the HIC (if you want internet access throughout your home)

Do most installers carry a HIC on their truck? I will need one in my install, and just wondered if I should mention this to someone prior to schedule?

Mention it because most of these installers are clueless since this is such a new system. Also tell them you will need a MOCA tap with the HIC.

Mention it because most of these installers are clueless since this is such a new system. Also tell them you will need a MOCA tap with the HIC.
you don't need a tap necessarily. Really depends on how your home is wired and where everything will be installed. For example, my 2H/2J system has zero taps with the HIC installed.

That's where the wiring diagrams come in handy to get an idea of what you may or may not need....linked here for anyone who needs it: http://www.satelliteguys.us/hopper-zone/279755-hopper-joey-wiring-diagrams.html

(definitely confirm your equipment when they call about the appointment. It might save you some rescheduling)

Last edited:
Yeah I was thinking I didn't need a tap. I'm gonna do a 2H/2J setup. In one of the diagrams on the 4 outputs of the duo, 1 output for hopper, another output for 2nd hopper, 3rd output would have a splitter and both Joeys would go on it. 4th output would have the HIC and it would be plugged into my Internet switch/router.

Sound right?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

You are correct that the MOCA tap is needed based on the design requirement. In my situation(1H1J) I have internet connection next to hopper but no internet next to Joey . I choose to install the HIC next to my hopper to get the DLNA working. In this scenario I needed the MOCA tap which the tech didn't have and I had to rescedule.

Last edited:
If you don't have a LAN connection at the Joey and Hopper, the HIC is the only way to go at the Joey. Still no guarantee you will have DLNA, but it will not be because you don't have an internet connection at the Hopper.

Worked well for me by inserting an HIC next to one of the Joeys that had Ethernet access. Both Hoppers and all four Joeys connected up--although the Joey displays still say not connected.

Worked well for me by inserting an HIC next to one of the Joeys that had Ethernet access. Both Hoppers and all four Joeys connected up--although the Joey displays still say not connected.
should say connected now on the broadband tab. was everything rebooted?

there's also a "reset connection" on that same broadband tile. give that a shot too.

You are correct that the MOCA tap is needed based on the design requirement. In my situation(1H1J) I have internet connection next to hopper but no internet next to Joey . I choose to install the HIC next to my hopper to get the DLNA working. In this scenario I needed the MOCA tap which the tech didn't have and I had to rescedule.

why would yuo need an hic if you have ethernet next to the hopper?

At this time it is how its designed to work. Hopefully in future software updates it wont be necessary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)