Internet in Afghanistan at Bagram Airfield

Railin7

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 7, 2007
My friend is trying to get internet access in his room. He had Ts2, and its not working right. He hasn't had internet in over a week. Someone else is running it and has no idea what is going on, and he wants to get his own.

Is there any setups on ebay that he could buy and get shipped there to set up and receive internet? If so could you please link all of what he would need to get up and running? If not does anyone know of the best service to get there? Please let me know, thank you!

Another question. What is a good meter to tune the internet dish he has??? He needs to hit Eutelsat W6, 21.5° East... Whats the best reasonable priced meter he could use to tune the dish?

The transmitter and receiver that go on stateside dishes won't work over there, the translation frequencies are incompatible. It's best to buy stuff that's tuned to work in that region. WAFA and Bentley-Walker are two of the larger resellers.

Assuming the dish is big enough, any $10 satellite signal meter (SSM) will detect a satellite signal. But if it's stateside equipment, there's nothing that he can do with that signal - even if he does find it.

//greg//

Satellite Internet services in Afghanistan

My friend is trying to get internet access in his room. He had Ts2, and its not working right. He hasn't had internet in over a week. Someone else is running it and has no idea what is going on, and he wants to get his own.

Is there any setups on ebay that he could buy and get shipped there to set up and receive internet? If so could you please link all of what he would need to get up and running? If not does anyone know of the best service to get there? Please let me know, thank you!

We have great offer for satellite Internet in Afghanistan. We can offer either dedicated DVB-S2/SCPC service or shared services powered by
iDirect Technologies depending on the network that needs support.

If you could tell me the number of PCs and VoIP lines planned, I could more accurately offer some pricing options if you would be interested. Please feel free to visit our website - bcsatellite.net for more details on our services and coverage maps.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)