internet via satellite?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Techfizzle

Banned
Original poster
Apr 18, 2008
i was looking on ebay and i found a pci sat card it said you can use it and get fre internet via satellite... how?

Europe has free everything, free school, free health insurance, free TV, now FREE INTERNET??

Be very, VERY careful how you address "FREE" stuff in Europe :cool:. I have been in France (not as a resident, but for my job) and worked with folks that lived there and in Belgium. This "free" stuff you're "jealous" of comes from taxes. For instance (and, I think the only one I am sure about) sales tax on an automobile is 33% :eek::eek:!! I feel with all certainty that this is NOT the only tax that covers this "free" :rolleyes:stuff.

Just thought I'd mention that. Oh, BTW, this was in 1988, may have changed since then, but I'll bet it's like the taxes here -- NEVER gets less (unless they are covered with a different tax or fee :mad:).

Bill

So I am guessing that even if you could get it to work in the U.S. that your not supposed to use it since your are living outside the country of it's intended use and that it wouldn't work or that you could get into trouble if you get caught?

So I am guessing that even if you could get it to work in the U.S. that your not supposed to use it since your are living outside the country of it's intended use and that it wouldn't work or that you could get into trouble if you get caught?
this is what it said on sadoun;s page of the 1020a

Also use it for Internet via Satellite
(service subscription required)

VisionDTV VisionData is a program to let you receive data or connect to internet via satellite. But you still need 3rd party application program to process the data. VisionData just let you to filter the stream and get specific data. Go to download support to read the manual and download the drivers.

I've set up a few one way internet services here and if you aren't approved on their end via mac address it won't give you an ip address so no internet. Not really sure how you could get around it. Once the mac address, if spoofed, is figured out by being online twice at the same they will axe the account. Game over.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)