INTERSAT IQ-160

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stecle

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 17, 2010
Between the North and South Pole

I love going to farm auction sales and I found something that I have never seen before. I thought I was familiar with just about every C-band receiver out there but I have never seen a INTERSAT IQ-160. This receiver seems to be about 10 years ahead of its time. Anyone else familiar with this receiver?

Nope, never heard of that one. I have a Gillespie as the oldest 'in the museum'. Then a TOKI. Both are 70mhz type receivers. Then it's USS/Maspro, GI's, and Toshiba's.

I love going to farm auction sales and I found something that I have never seen before. I thought I was familiar with just about every C-band receiver out there but I have never seen a INTERSAT IQ-160. This receiver seems to be about 10 years ahead of its time. Anyone else familiar with this receiver?

I tried a google search and the only thing that I came up with is that there is something about it in Bob Cooper's book. Maybe somebody has a copy of it and can look up the page. The link to Bob Cooper is www.bobcooper.tv he certainly was one of the pioneers of Sat TV. I think that he is still reachable via e-mail but I don't have that info. Good luck and keep us posted.

Yes, it was quite the feature laden receiver.
A bit of a pain to get it set-up and working properly, but very slick once it was.
There was also a re-badged version sold by General Instruments.

I know this is an older thread, but thought I would ask anyway.
I use to sell the iq-160 in the early 80's and have been looking for one.
did you perhaps buy it, or remember where it was, I would love to buy it.
thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.