Interstellar

Last edited:
By the way, the resolution of the 15perf/70mm IMAX film is equivalent of 18K! At least in theory.

imax-film-comparison.jpg

Very few feature films are shot at such resolution using IMAX cameras. And they are only shot partially (no single feature film has ever been shot entirely on IMAX film). Here are the only 8 movies that I was able to find so far:
  1. The Dark Knight features six sequences (a total of 28 minutes) shot using IMAX
  2. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen contained almost 10 minutes of IMAX-filmed footage out of the two and a half hour film.
  3. Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol had 25 minutes of footage shot using IMAX cameras.
  4. The Dark Knight Rises featured 72 minutes of footage shot in IMAX.
  5. Star Trek Into Darkness - 30 minutes shot with IMAX cameras
  6. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - 48-minute arena sequence shot with IMAX cameras
  7. Lucy - Select footage filmed with IMAX cameras
  8. Interstellar - 66 minutes shot with 15perf/70mm IMAX cameras
As you can see the list is very short.

The upcoming Star Wars movie is supposed to have some IMAX footage too.

My nearest IMAX theater equipped with the 70mm film projection system is 3 hours away. I am thinking about it! ;)

It did not have a 70mm film projector, just digital IMAX. The sound was much better than a regular theater. The IMAX scenes appear to be all the space scenes. When they are on earth or inside the spaceships it is cropped.

The IMAX scenes appear to be all the space scenes. When they are on earth or inside the spaceships it is cropped.
I noticed that too. Which brings an interesting twist to the OAR discussion. :)

It was good to see the movie a second time. I even took a bathroom break this time since I had seen the whole movie before. But, there is a lot to digest, it is interesting on so many levels. It is definitely a Science Fiction film and those not interested will not be swayed by the film to like it. The whole film is a paradox loop, but then there are black holes involved...

I think this will be a must-have movie in 4K!

Not a neutron star, It was either a binary star or so close to the black hole that there was a time dilation effect.

I stand corrected (I looked it up). Don't see how the planet could be there unless it was newly formed after the supernova.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

I will be in Ft. Lauderdale for a couple of days. It looks like they have a 70mm IMAX there! I think I am going to watch this movie again. I just have to see it in full resolution!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)