Interstellar

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
More on it....Matthew McConaughey Reaches For the Stars in Teaser for Christoper Nolan’s ‘Interstellar’.....http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie...-christoper-nolan-interstellar-180333021.html imo looks interesting :)
Just when you thought you had a complete list of your favorite movie trailers of the year, along comes Christopher Nolan with his latest secretive but grand vision to demand a rewrite ... and an inclusion near the top."Interstellar" was already by default one of the most anticipated films of 2014, if only because when the man who gave us "Memento," "Inception," and "The Dark Knight" trilogy makes a new movie, we've already made plans to be there opening night.Now Nolan has provided us with a teaser trailer to blast that hype straight to the heavens.In keeping with Nolan's treatment of moviemaking as highly classified projects, the teaser doesn't reveal much about the sci-fi film's plot, but according to the film's official website, "In the future, governments and economies across the globe have collapsed, food is scarce, NASA is no more, and the 20th Century is to blame. A mysterious rip in spacetime opens and it's up to whatever is left of NASA to explore and offer up hope for mankind." Whoa!The trailer does manage to thoroughly whet our appetites with a collection of truly majestic images ... all set to a lovely and strikingly calm score by Hans Zimmer, heavy on the organ and without any 'BRAAAHHMMMM's.We get some rather moving voiceover, too. "We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible," muses Matthew McConaughey as some Malick-esque shots of sprawling fields soon segue into stock footage depicting some of humankind's greatest achievements off the surface of the Earth, from flying faster to the speed of sound to successful space travel.
(Nolan might also be referring to his own seemingly impossible ability to rescue the Batman franchise from Joel Schumacher hell, but let's not get too meta with this just yet.)From there, we see McConaughey behind the wheel of a truck, driving away from a farm house toward some unknown destination, a melancholy look of determination on his face as he sets out to take space travel to the next level."Perhaps we've forgotten that we are still pioneers ... that we've barely begun," he continues. "And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us ... that our destiny lies above us."(Again, we could get all meta with this and say that Nolan himself, for all his terrific works of cinema, is saying "You ain't seen nothin' yet" with this dialogue, but we'll table that for now.)The teaser closes with a title card that reads "One Year From Now." We don't have to wait quite that long (more like 11 months, actually), but it's long enough.

"Interstellar" opens Nov. 7, 2014.

Interstellar - Teaser Trailer -- Official Warner Bros. UK

Could be good.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is annoying me is that there are now several different previews, probably 10 minutes of the movie already revealed....

John Kotches said:
The running time of the movie is 169 minutes (2:49). I don't think they've "given away" too much.
Make sure you bring a catheter or better yet, don't consume any fluids before seeing this movie! My friend had to make two trips during this film. Me? My Dad wouldn't stop the car during long trips, so I developed my "Aviator" bladder. Even then, it was good that the movie ended when it did.

This movie was great! Now, I grew up with "2001" and "Interstellar" reminds me of it in many ways. But while parts may seem like the Nolan Brothers have lifted pieces from other movies, they are more of an homage than plagerizing. Take the robots: they are unlike anything I've seen depicted in a movie before but reminded me of the monolith from "2001". The AI element of the robots was the movie's comic relief. The voice interface was the only human thing about them, nothing about the physical design was made in our image. In some ways it reminds me of the interaction between Luke and R2D2, except you could understand both sides of a conversation.

There is an emotional element to this movie I wasn't expecting, something that "2001" lacks. The aspects of General Relativity are used to give the story some poignant moments. Credibility is stretched like Time at some points, but you can't think about tidal forces when you need to survive traversing a gravity well so deep that hours are like years.

I did enjoy it. I would recommend it if you are a science fiction fan, it is worth seeing on the big screen.

The order they visited the planets was completely flawed. They should have done the first planet last, even though it was right there, it made no sense. If 1 hour there was 7 years in "Earth" time, going to visit the other planets first would be no big deal, after all they could have taken a few years and it would have only been an hour or so. They also should have realized that any readings from that planet was only an hour and a half's worth (10 years)... But, I suppose that added to the drama of the movie since events forced a choice on the other two planets. I did not think of this when it was first presented in the movie, it was just too much going on to think about it clearly, but as scientists they should have realized that it was far better to do the other 2 first since nothing would have happened on the planet while they waited.

Watched this movie at IMAX last night! Really enjoyed it!
Too bad we only have a Digital IMAX here. I wish I could watch it on a 70mm film. Unfortunately we do not have any 70mm capable theaters around here. If you are lucky enough to have a theater with proper equipment, you must watch it in 70mm! Very few movies are shot this way!

The ceiling in our IMAX theater was shaking and vibrating. I think the theater wasn't quite prepared to handle some of the Subwoofer action in this movie. ;)

Make sure you bring a catheter or better yet, don't consume any fluids before seeing this movie! My friend had to make two trips during this film. Me? My Dad wouldn't stop the car during long trips, so I developed my "Aviator" bladder. Even then, it was good that the movie ended when it did.

This movie was great! Now, I grew up with "2001" and "Interstellar" reminds me of it in many ways. But while parts may seem like the Nolan Brothers have lifted pieces from other movies, they are more of an homage than plagerizing. Take the robots: they are unlike anything I've seen depicted in a movie before but reminded me of the monolith from "2001". The AI element of the robots was the movie's comic relief. The voice interface was the only human thing about them, nothing about the physical design was made in our image. In some ways it reminds me of the interaction between Luke and R2D2, except you could understand both sides of a conversation.

There is an emotional element to this movie I wasn't expecting, something that "2001" lacks. The aspects of General Relativity are used to give the story some poignant moments. Credibility is stretched like Time at some points, but you can't think about tidal forces when you need to survive traversing a gravity well so deep that hours are like years.
We both had drinks, didn't stay for the credits... I told her we would wait for the BD. Saw it a a non IMAX theater, sound was good, no problems understanding words etc.

I'm still waiting for someone at work to see this so I can have an open discussion without needing to tread water ("Spoilers, Sweetie...")

Foxbat:

It is possible to have events happen as depicted given the size of the black hole. The mass wasn't given but my guess is it would have to be on the order of 100ish solar masses.

Kip Thorne worked closely with Christopher Nolan to get the physics right.

I found it somewhat using to that we saw a 2 dimensional representation of a 3d perspective of a 5 or more dimensional construct (the tesseract).

The one issue I had was the rotation of the station at about 70 rpm seemed unrealistic.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

The first planet they visited was in orbit around a neutron star, right? So far down in a gravity well that there was a 60,000:1 time dilation effect. My first issue would be the little lander not having enough fuel to be able to escape back to "normal" space-time. The second issue would be "who wants to live next to a neutron star?" I would have scratched it off immediately.
But it was an entertaining movie! I was glad I saw it on the big screen (and in 4K digital projection to boot!)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts