Into the Badlands on AMC

Here’s a First Look at Into the Badlands, AMC’s New Martial-Arts Show https://www.yahoo.com/movies/s/first-look-badlands-amc-martial-160000179.html
AMC's new show Into the Badlands, made by the creators of Smallville and the writers of Shanghai Noon, looks like a kung fu movie meets a steampunk Western:The story is this: A feudal, Hobbesian society has emerged centuries into the future in a world called the Badlands, which has been divided among seven Barons. Each of them has an army known as Clippers, of which Sunny, played by Daniel Wu, is one of the best. He's the Head Clipper to Quinn (Marton Csokas), who has been the HBIC (Head Baron in Charge) in the Badlands for years. The newest baron, the Widow (Emily Beecham), though, has been challenging his rule. In one of the skirmishes between the two, Sunny finds M.K., a teenager with a bounty on his head (Aramis Knight), who trains to be a Clipper. Together, they have that classic martial-arts student-teacher relationship — only with a lot more killing!Here's an exclusive first look at Into the Badlands, which premieres November 15.

Meet Daniel Wu, the Badass Star of AMC’s Kung Fu Epic ‘Into the Badlands’ http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...-of-amc-s-kung-fu-epic-into-the-badlands.html
Not since AMC introduced a little show called The Walking Dead, a bleak comic book adaptation from a genre that had never fared well on TV, has the network taken such a high-profile—and exciting—risk as it will Sunday night with the premiere of Into the Badlands.
The Daniel Wu-fronted martial arts drama, created by Miles Millar and Alfred Gough, brings to life a visually lush, steampunk-infused world in which seven feudal Barons rule what’s left of society after nuclear war devastates the Earth’s population. In the fledgling civilization that emerges, guns are outlawed—making the kung fu and weapon prowess of ruthless assassins called “Clippers” the deciding factor in clashes between power-hungry Barons.AMC ordered Badlands, which is loosely based on the 16th century Chinese novel Journey to the West, straight to series before ever seeing the pilot—a testament of faith in the experienced martial artists who make the show. Martial arts coordinator Huan-Chiu Ku, a.k.a. Master DeeDee, served up stunts for Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, Romeo Must Die, and both Kill Bill movies, among others. And Wu, a California native who stars in and executive produces the series, rose to stardom in Hong Kong and China as a protégé of Jackie Chan who transitioned fluidly from kung fu-heavy films to dramas, action-thrillers, and indies over the course of his sixty-plus film career.

I enjoyed it and different from what AMC has been doing lately but will give it a few more episodes to see where this goes and if it is a keeper or not!! imo :)

Can you record now with SlingTV, I thought you had Sling now, or do you have something else too?
I still have dish for the moment. Sling just was not stable enough during big shows on my last two trials to be my primary. I will give it another shot at a later date.

I'm glad that they don't have any guns,otherwise this would be a very violent show. Who's producing this,Quentin Tarantino?

Edit; No,I like the show,I'm just poking fun at the premise of it.

I was home with my sick boy yesterday and finally watched this series. Watched all 6 episodes in a row. I was pretty impressed with it and look forward to the next season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts