Introducing the Amiko Mini HD265

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I don't have the new one but the old one does. I haven't seen a receiver that doesnt

I don't have the new one but the old one does. I haven't seen a receiver that doesnt
Yes, this one passes it through just like the rest. :)

I've been doing some experimenting since I got my dual LNBF SL2PLL the other day. I have both the Amiko HD 265 and a FreeSat Super V8 connected to the SL2PLL. The Amiko's tuner appears to be at least 10% more sensitive. The signal strength and quality are noticeably higher on the Amiko. Here are the results of both receivers tuning the same transponder on 103, 12180 V 25000, first on the Freesat and then on the Amiko:

IMG_0193 (1).JPG

IMG_0192.JPG

You can't compare numbers from 2 different receivers,there is no standard for signal meters in receivers.Even comparing numbers from 2 of the same receivers won't always agree.
Agreed. There is no standard so these numbers are all over the place.
One thing I have noted though is after preparing several of the HD265's for shipment; I find they are very consistent against each other.

Another thing to try is switching receivers around and see if the signal stays the same. Might be a different cable, connector causing an impedence bump in one line, switch with more loss than another etc. If both feed line chains are equal then each receiver should read the same Q when switched from one line to the other. (unless LNBF gain varies between ports).

Another thing to try is switching receivers around and see if the signal stays the same. Might be a different cable, connector causing an impedence bump in one line, switch with more loss than another etc. If both feed line chains are equal then each receiver should read the same Q when switched from one line to the other. (unless LNBF gain varies between ports).

Results the same on both connections :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.