Ion Plus and Qubo to shut down

Always check the sources referenced on Wikipedia. Some pages are well researched and documented. Some others not so much.I won’t get into specifics, but I find their articles on political or religious subjects, very slanted, especially their sources.
Always check the sources referenced on Wikipedia. Some pages are well researched and documented. Some others not so much.
Their political and religious topics are very slanted (especially their sources), but I had to provide a source to one page otherwise it wouldn’t get published years back. What I posted was that TheBlaze TV was no longer on Dish channel 205 (due to the Fox News channel dispute being over), I actually gave them the mydish.com directly. I also tried to add something years later to Dinesh D’Souza’s page, simply just adding a couple projects he was in, but didn’t make, just to add to his Wikipedia filmography, and it wasn’t leaning left or right, including sources, but it wasn’t added, even though all I mentioned was projects he was involved in. So yes, they do have some standards .

KPXE-TV is now showing Court TV on Ch. 50.2, Grit on Ch. 50.3 & Laff on Ch. 50.4. Interestingly, there seems to be a 10 second delay between the Laff feed on Ch. 50.4, compared to Ch. 41.3.
Anyone can edit a Wiki page.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
I just remembered coming across a Wikipedia page for a TV station that I think was down in Texas, years ago, that had been vandalized. I also remember that somebody had edited the Wikipedia pages of several TV stations to say that they carried reruns of the TV show "My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic".

• Sad
Reactions: mfik2501
Their political and religious topics are very slanted (especially their sources), but I had to provide a source to one page otherwise it wouldn’t get published years back. What I posted was that TheBlaze TV was no longer on Dish channel 205 (due to the Fox News channel dispute being over), I actually gave them the mydish.com directly. I also tried to add something years later to Dinesh D’Souza’s page, simply just adding a couple projects he was in, but didn’t make, just to add to his Wikipedia filmography, and it wasn’t leaning left or right, including sources, but it wasn’t added, even though all I mentioned was projects he was involved in. So yes, they do have some standards .
If you check the history you should be able to see why your edits were reverted. It is not perfect but again check the sources and make judgements based on them not wikipedia itself.

Reactions: mfik2501
Now, if E.W. Scripps Media could just change the Ion TV network's name back to Pax TV and change the program schedule accordingly (and maybe even reintroduce qubo as a Saturday morning/weekday afternoon childrens' block...).

I doubt they'll change the format away from crime dramas unless they feel they can get more viewership/revenue with some other programming. As for Pax, I'm not sure if ownership of the name transferred over to EW or not. The Paxson family or whoever inherited his company might have retained ownership of the name.

That sounds like a waste of bandwidth. I'm so sick of unreality TV. Pickers and Pawn Stars are already in syndication on a bunch of OTA stations out there.

Reactions: TheKrell
That sounds like a waste of bandwidth. I'm so sick of unreality TV. Pickers and Pawn Stars are already in syndication on a bunch of OTA stations out there.
I have never watched those shows and cannot understand those who do. Apparently we're outnumbered, because formerly good science programming, e.g. on cable channels such as Discovery, have been pushed out by this crap. Naked and Afraid? Whoever thought that was something anybody would watch? :crying

It's unfair that children are being left out of the equation, especially since children want entertainment, too. I find it baffling that they'd just get rid of qubo for a few pointless grown-up specialty channels featuring programming similar to what is found on Dabl or the reality shows found on cable network A&E...I call it a case of "television child neglect" when free TV forgets about its young audience...

It's unfair that children are being left out of the equation, especially since children want entertainment, too. I find it baffling that they'd just get rid of qubo for a few pointless grown-up specialty channels featuring programming similar to what is found on Dabl or the reality shows found on cable network A&E...I call it a case of "television child neglect" when free TV forgets about its young audience...
And don’t forget many adults (including myself) like cartoons too, even ones specifically made for kids. Qubo was hard to receive with my antenna being it pretty far away, but I enjoyed watching it when it came in. I happen to really enjoy the cable channels Boomerang and Disney XD. Hell, I might even watch Disney Junior at times.

Reactions: FTA4PA
When it comes to children's TV content, I'd say that most of that is likely wrapped up in the hands of a few too big corporations (Comcast, Disney, AT&T, etc.) that want the parents to pay for their content through their exclusive streaming platforms or via cable and satellite. MeTV must be making some good payouts to get Looney Tunes, Flintstones, and Jetsons on to their channel.

I have my fingers crossed that childrens' TV will return someday as an entire netlet or as syndicated fare on local stations. There's lots of stuff they could pull from the Classic Media (Filmation/Ruby Spears) and Cookie Jar (DiC/Cinar) libraries.

I hope some local Independent, The CW or MyNetworkTV stations air Inspector Gadget in syndication in the future...

I have my fingers crossed that childrens' TV will return someday as an entire netlet or as syndicated fare on local stations. There's lots of stuff they could pull from the Classic Media (Filmation/Ruby Spears) and Cookie Jar (DiC/Cinar) libraries.

I hope some local Independent, The CW or MyNetworkTV stations air Inspector Gadget in syndication in the future...
Inspector Gadget is on Pluto.TV

When it comes to children's TV content, I'd say that most of that is likely wrapped up in the hands of a few too big corporations (Comcast, Disney, AT&T, etc.) that want the parents to pay for their content through their exclusive streaming platforms or via cable and satellite. MeTV must be making some good payouts to get Looney Tunes, Flintstones, and Jetsons on to their channel.
I like the fact that MeTV is adding the classic cartoons to their schedule, it's something I commend MeTV and their parent company Weigel Broadcasting for. I knew from the moment that the Flintstones started to air, that it would open a Pandora's Box full of other classic cartoons including Popeye, Betty Boop, Tom & Jerry, Bugs Bunny and most recently, The Jetsons. I hope they keep this up by adding Top Cat and Yogi Bear, two other cartoons by Hanna-Barbera, to the schedule...