ION

If it makes you guys feel any better, ION looks so terrible it barely qualifies as HD. Their master feed is 720p H.264 with a bitrate of only 4.5 Mbps. Then of course affiliates transcode that pitiful feed to 720p MPEG-2, further reducing quality... then Dish network would transcode that affiliate's transcode, removing even more quality. By the time it got to you, ION HD wouldn't look any better than the SD feed, lol

ION network is off from the program guide. Another dispute. Hope when they get it back if they get it back it's in HD.:mad:
Like others have said, ION is in HD, in the markets that have affiliates. The same day that the national feed was removed, Dish also added tags in the uplink reports to a bunch of ION affiliates across the country. So, maybe Dish is preparing to use these affiliates as fill-in distant stations for markets that lack an ION affiliate, and simply do without carrying a national feed at all.

Reactions: JSheridan
I don't understand this. If I read it right if none of your local networks broadcast ION then you will not have it on Dish right? Well my local CBS affiliate WKRG in Mobile has it, so why am I not receiving it on Dish?:mad:

I don't understand this. If I read it right if none of your local networks broadcast ION then you will not have it on Dish right? Well my local CBS affiliate WKRG in Mobile has it, so why am I not receiving it on Dish?:mad:

Is your's letter boxed and stretched? This is the same station I referred to in an earlier post about the PQ being bad.

I just checked 5.2 on my TV and it is not letter boxed, but it is 480i. The Dish version is 1080i. How did you stretch it with your Hopper. I have the Hopper 3.
If you have 52 or 54 remote, Options button, 6 - Display Size, then set for whichever is full screen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts