iOS 5.0.1 Fails to Fix Battery Issues for Many, Brings New Problems

DodgerKing

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
SoCal
Apple News | iOS 5.0.1 Fails to Fix Battery Issues for Many, Brings New Problems
Friday, 11th November 2011, 03:11 pm

This entry needs translation. To help us and submit a translation please click here
Apple's release of iOS 5.0.1 yesterday failed to fix battery issues for many iPhone 4S owners, according to Apple support forums.

? Updated about 1.5 hours ago, battery has drained 20% since then with no usage! This is awful!

? Upgraded to 5.0.1 this morning. Still draining at the exact same rate. Unplugged with a full charge 2 1/2 hours ago, and already down to 80% with light usage. Just lost 2% during a 15 minute shower. I see no difference at all.

? New update is no help at all. I opened the safari and lost 2 % just by opening the safari browser...This really *****

? No change for me either. Battery drain on my 4S remains after upgrading to 5.0.1! :-/

9to5Mac did a poll of its users and found that 61.7% of those having battery issues reported that iOS 5.0.1 did not solve the problem.

Meanwhile others are reporting new issues with the firmware such as not being able to download apps over the air and incoming calls and texts that don't display the contact name as saved in the address book.

62577-500.png

iClarified - Apple News - iOS 5.0.1 Fails to Fix Battery Issues for Many, Brings New Problems

I don't have a battery issue on with iOS 5.0 on my JB 3GS. Even though I can now do an untethered JB of my 3GS on iOS 5.0.1, I don't see the need to update from 5.0 to 5.0.1.

Mine was still above 90% around 3pm. I think this is an individualized issue; and so much depends on usage patterns and setup - of the same things I was referrring to earlier.

I see no difference before or after update on my 4s. No battery problems.
Updated my 3GS and unfortunatlly no help there. Still drains very quickly.

Even though a lot on the Apple forum are reporting issues, usually only those that post are those that have issues. There is not really any reason for someone to make a post on a help forum stating, "I don't have any problems, what do I do?" :D

DodgerKing said:
Even though a lot on the Apple forum are reporting issues, usually only those that post are those that have issues. There is not really any reason for someone to make a post on a help forum stating, "I don't have any problems, what do I do?" :D

Try buying a new HDTV and then go to AVS forum. You'll see problems with your tv you never knew you had:)

Some of the people who post don't have a problem either but they like to stir the pot.

Since I am not having battery issues with iOS 5.0 and since 5.0.1 wont bring any new features to my phone, I will wait until I update

Well, after a few days I must say two things:

- I still have battery drain problems on my 3GS.

- My iPhone now "freezes" for a second or 2, every once in a while, when shifting screens or apps. Tolerable, but not good.

I hope they fix this well before the iPhone Next comes out.

I updated my wife's 3GS to 5.0.1 and I am still JB on 5.0. My phone runs more processes and the battery drain on hers us still faster than mine. The update didn't help her phone.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

There may very well be significant differences in battery drain on a 3GS than on a 4 or 4S. Maybe I am wrong, but didn't the 3GS always have some battery issues? And while I don't know how long you have had that 3GS, the battery itself could be getting on in terms of its life. It seems to me there are a LOT of factors that could come into play.

There may very well be significant differences in battery drain on a 3GS than on a 4 or 4S. Maybe I am wrong, but didn't the 3GS always have some battery issues? And while I don't know how long you have had that 3GS, the battery itself could be getting on in terms of its life. It seems to me there are a LOT of factors that could come into play.

Yep. It COULD be coincidence that the battery problems started after I dl 5. Maybe. Never know. January will make 2 years on this one. The occasional "freeze" is new.

I'm hoping the next iPhone will be out around the time of the next iPad.

Very well could be.

I will say this though, my 3GS has been a very solid phone. I thought it was a goner today. While riding my mountain bike fairly fast down a very rough and rocky dirt road today, the vibration cause the bike mount for my phone to open up and my phone went flying and passed me up tumbling down the trail. I thought for sure the phone was broken. Besides a few scratches on the case and screen, the thing is still ticking along

Very well could be.

I will say this though, my 3GS has been a very solid phone. I thought it was a goner today. While riding my mountain bike fairly fast down a very rough and rocky dirt road today, the vibration cause the bike mount for my phone to open up and my phone went flying and passed me up tumbling down the trail. I thought for sure the phone was broken. Besides a few scratches on the case and screen, the thing is still ticking along

Ouch!

While I have thought about a bike mount for my iPhone, just that very type of event convinced me against it. I do have a bike mount for an old Garmin Forerunner GPS. But I just will use runkeeper and keep the iPhone in my fanny pack. Works fine.

Ouch!

While I have thought about a bike mount for my iPhone, just that very type of event convinced me against it. I do have a bike mount for an old Garmin Forerunner GPS. But I just will use runkeeper and keep the iPhone in my fanny pack. Works fine.
For now on if I go off road, I will put the phone in my pouch. I will only use the mount for the street. The mount is pretty secure. I think I did not lock it down properly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts