iOS 6.1.1

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
iOS 6.1.1 is out now for anyone who has an iPhone 4S.

This is supposed to better the cell signal quality and battery life.

The update specifically said the 4S

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys App (Beta)

If you are JB, do not do the update if you want to keep your JB. Although the exploit on 6.1.1 has not been closed, the JB utility does not yet work for this latest version.

I was having problems with battery lifwe in 6.1/. Does 6.1.1 do anthing about that?

I had read on some websites where iOS 6.1.1 was supposed to take care of some of the battery life issues the 4S had with 6.1 but the release notes from Apple only state this:

"This update fixes an issue that could impact cellular performance and reliability for iPhone 4S."

Microsoft put out a sys admin advisory yesterday to block 6.** service for Exchange servers. Apparently, some type of automatic synchronization is overloading servers. Said they and Apple are working on fix.

I hesitated to upgrade my 4, but only found battery drain complaints against 4S and possibly 3GS.

There had been a lot of angst about hurrying up to put on 6.1 (with the JB), before 6.1.1 replaced it, possibly making JB obsolete.

Glad to know Apple rushed the update and didn't close the barn door.
Almost makes you wonder if they finally understand what a vocal and hotheaded community the JB people are.? :)
Well, that and sales of iPhone 5 have flat-lined since first of the year.

We weill see if 6.1.1 solves the battery issue. It seems to have created some others but it is what it is.

I'm really not liking Apple's recent lack of quality control on their products.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts