iOS 6 Installed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

stimpson

Miller Lite Tester
Original poster
Oct 2, 2006
Benton, Arkansas
Now have iOS 6 installed on my iPhone 4. So far so good. Not seeing any bugs yet. Let me know if there is something you folks want me to check, try, or verify. Downloading iPad 2 software now.

I have had it installed for the past few days and honestly I am not impressed.

Yup the new maps are there (and if you notice its powered by TomTom now) but everytime I try using the Turn by Turn directions the app crashes when I start typing in an address.

Other then that there dosent seem to be anything new.

I HATE the new FindMyIphone app which you can download from the DEV site. The map shown now is just a postage stamp in the center of the screen, and no longer can you send a message to the screen when you play a sound. I used that feature a lot to page my wife or kids when they had their ringers off. I hope they add the send a message portion back in.

I did have fun with Siri last night changing the language. By changing the language to English (UK) it changed the voice to a guys voice with an english accent. If you set it to austrailian its siris voice but with an austrailian twang. :D

I wish they would have added support for texting over Bluetooth, this way I could text while driving (hands free) over my ford sync system.

But if someone came up to me and said show me what iOS 6 has thats new, I wouldnt really be able to show them anything except for the new Passbook which does nothing but show a splash screen when you select it.

Gotta agree with Scott, The navigation is nice, but that is about it... I really was hoping for a lot more. Dont get me wrong having the support of icloud is nice, but is it enough? The new iphone will probably have a 4 inch screen and nfc, and that will be the new features....seems like apple has lost a little steam here, I think they should have announced ios 6 and the new iphone all at once, it would have made a little bigger of a impact. I also have a problem with the fragmentation that is happening with apple now. the iphone 4 will not have facetime over 3g and the turn by turn directions....really? why not? let the 4s still have siri, but why take away turn by turn and facetime? that kinda chaps me as now I will have to either give my wife my 4s when I upgrade or get her one if I want her to have those features...sad especially when other phones very low end models can do something similar.

Sounds like it should be iOS 5.5 since it doesn't sound like a major change in the OS....

here is where I am at...I was kinda looking at the siii before but now, I think ios 6 has really made me want to look at it, plus the fact that if I upgrade now I will keep my unlimited data at least for another year till other people on my account upgrade...its a tough call because I love my iphone its rock solid and a great phone and the fact that we have all mac stuff is a huge positive for me (at home we have all mac stuff)..Its going to be a tough call.

I have had it installed for the past few days and honestly I am not impressed.

Yup the new maps are there (and if you notice its powered by TomTom now) but everytime I try using the Turn by Turn directions the app crashes when I start typing in an address.

Other then that there dosent seem to be anything new.

I HATE the new FindMyIphone app which you can download from the DEV site. The map shown now is just a postage stamp in the center of the screen, and no longer can you send a message to the screen when you play a sound. I used that feature a lot to page my wife or kids when they had their ringers off. I hope they add the send a message portion back in.

I did have fun with Siri last night changing the language. By changing the language to English (UK) it changed the voice to a guys voice with an english accent. If you set it to austrailian its siris voice but with an austrailian twang. :D

I wish they would have added support for texting over Bluetooth, this way I could text while driving (hands free) over my ford sync system.

But if someone came up to me and said show me what iOS 6 has thats new, I wouldnt really be able to show them anything except for the new Passbook which does nothing but show a splash screen when you select it.
Well, it is the first beta...

Well, it is the first beta...
In most development cycles, once "beta" is reached, features will NOT be added (or removed). Normal "beta" testing is to find bugs or flaws with the existing s/w base. Now, maybe Apple does it differently, I don't know.

In most development cycles, once "beta" is reached, features will NOT be added (or removed). Normal "beta" testing is to find bugs or flaws with the existing s/w base. Now, maybe Apple does it differently, I don't know.

They might be keeping some stuff under wraps to keep competitors (Google) from finding out.

Really? I have encountered many definitions of what beta means since I started developing software in the '70s so thank you for sharing yours with me.

Oh well, 6.1 for me. Might not be as quick as I planned on moving from my 3GS to the "5."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts