iOS 6 Installed

Was video stream added like photo stream where videos taken from iPhone appear on iPad without syncing to the pc?

One thing iOS 6 Beta breaks... the SatelliteGuys app.

If you try to post or reply to a message the send button is greyed out. :( I don't know if they will fix that since iOS 6 isnt out yet.

Nothing really compelling in terms of changes, and most of them are only available if you have an iPhone 4s or iPad 3. I really wish they had upgraded the web browser. Safari isn't bad but there's DEFINATELY room for improvement. I'd rather have a better safari than Siri on my iPad.

isaacmorseMI said:
This is why I don't screw with any Beta OSes. Especially on a device I use so much.

I understand and accept the risks involved in beta testing, but not being able to play in my own back yard!!!!!!?

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

JamesJ said:
iphone 4 will not have facetime over 3g and the turn by turn directions....really? why not? let the 4s still have siri, but why take away turn by turn and facetime? that kinda chaps me as now I will have to either give my wife my 4s when I upgrade or get her one if I want her to have those features...sad especially when other phones very low end models can do something similar.

I believe turn by turn is Siri, so that's why the 4 won't get it.

I believe turn by turn is Siri, so that's why the 4 won't get it.
That really is quite a D*ck move. I mean, I accept that Apple's business model is to gradually phase out stuff to entice consumers to buy the newest model (as is VERY evident recently by their abandoning of the original iPad) but the fact that my wife's POS Samsung Intercept can do Turn by Turn navigation via google maps while the still fairly competent and powerful iPhone 4 can is nothing short of insulting.

What's more amusing is that both Siri and Google Turn by Turn use that same generic, soulless female voice to navigate people, although I guess the next Siri is supposed to allow for new accents. If it can competently understand Mandarin Chinese I WILL give Apple my silver star for effort.

Back to Maps, if this most recent data shows anything, it's that Apple Maps has no where to go but up. Still, I am fearing that Apple will not allow Google to distribute their Maps app on the App Store since we know how much Apple likes when apps copy core functionality. That doesn't affect me much since I have an iPad and an Android phone (which has the latest and greatest maps already) but it's very discouraging for mobile iOS users.
Google Maps vs. Apple Maps: A Side-By-Side Comparison

yourbeliefs said:
That really is quite a D*ck move. I mean, I accept that Apple's business model is to gradually phase out stuff to entice consumers to buy the newest model (as is VERY evident recently by their abandoning of the original iPad) but the fact that my wife's POS Samsung Intercept can do Turn by Turn navigation via google maps while the still fairly competent and powerful iPhone 4 can is nothing short of insulting.

What's more amusing is that both Siri and Google Turn by Turn use that same generic, soulless female voice to navigate people, although I guess the next Siri is supposed to allow for new accents. If it can competently understand Mandarin Chinese I WILL give Apple my silver star for effort.

Back to Maps, if this most recent data shows anything, it's that Apple Maps has no where to go but up. Still, I am fearing that Apple will not allow Google to distribute their Maps app on the App Store since we know how much Apple likes when apps copy core functionality. That doesn't affect me much since I have an iPad and an Android phone (which has the latest and greatest maps already) but it's very discouraging for mobile iOS users.
Google Maps vs. Apple Maps: A Side-By-Side Comparison

I'm not sure this is really any different than the existing google maps on iPhones. They're not taking anything away from people. It will be interesting if google offers a standalone google maps app and whether they will bring it on par with their current android app.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I'm not sure this is really any different than the existing google maps on iPhones. They're not taking anything away from people. It will be interesting if google offers a standalone google maps app and whether they will bring it on par with their current android app.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Apple is just mad that Google went out and created android, so by replacing the maps (and the search that maps provides) they deny Google the search revenue.

mike123abc said:
Apple is just mad that Google went out and created android, so by replacing the maps (and the search that maps provides) they deny Google the search revenue.

I don't think android was the issue. I think google making its android app better than its iOS app is what angers Apple. Google is building in an advantage for its OS and apple is done letting that stand.

If Google had not created android where would all these other phone companies be now? We might have some more windows phone vendors...

Jobs hated Google because, according to him, Google stole from Apple to create Android.
Yet he still allowed 2 major Google apps (YouTube and Maps) to be included in his iOS releases, and Google execs were on the Apple Board until they willingly resigned due to a conflict of interest with Android. It's too bad that the relationship between the two turned so sour. If they really collaborated on future technology lord knows what they could come up with. But whatever. I'll stick with Android for phones and Apple for Tablets (for now.)

yourbeliefs said:
Yet he still allowed 2 major Google apps (YouTube and Maps) to be included in his iOS releases, and Google execs were on the Apple Board until they willingly resigned due to a conflict of interest with Android. It's too bad that the relationship between the two turned so sour. If they really collaborated on future technology lord knows what they could come up with. But whatever. I'll stick with Android for phones and Apple for Tablets (for now.)

I think it's better that they're competing and forcing each other to innovate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)