IOS 7 bug or my Router?

andrewj0781

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2009
Altoona, Pennsylvania, United States
Ever since I've update my iPhone 5 to IOS 7 once in awhile it will drop wifi. Renew lease won't work. I turned wifi off and on that won't fix it. Today I tried forget this network and couldn't sign back on. The only fix was to restart my phone. Does this sound like the issue is with the phone or an issue with my router?

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Ever since I've update my iPhone 5 to IOS 7 once in awhile it will drop wifi. Renew lease won't work. I turned wifi off and on that won't fix it. Today I tried forget this network and couldn't sign back on. The only fix was to restart my phone. Does this sound like the issue is with the phone or an issue with my router? Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Going on how you described the issue I would say phone.

Turns out my router was to blame. It was dropping witless of and on and there must of been an issue with the iPhone reconnecting. Returned it for a replacement no more issues.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

My wife's phone has done something similar since upgrading to iOS 7. She has to constantly connect to the wifi at home when she gets home as it won't connect automatically. It's only our home network that it does it. She's already tried forgetting it and readding it; same deal.

My wife's phone has done something similar since upgrading to iOS 7. She has to constantly connect to the wifi at home when she gets home as it won't connect automatically. It's only our home network that it does it. She's already tried forgetting it and readding it; same deal.

You might try Settings--> General--> Reset--> Reset Network Settings

When we first got my wife her iPad 3 it would not stay connected to our Netgear router. I finally threw in the towel and bought an Airport Extreme. No further problems.